Fee11

I can't access my yahoo email

When my broadband was activated I tried to access my yahoo email. However it kept saying that either the password or email address was wrong. I did try and change the password but each time I get as far as the part of the process that needs my address I have to try and amend the address because it's wrong and it won't let me proceed. It just comes up with an 'oops' error message. So I've never managed to access my email and I'm not sure what to do.

I had some major issues with BT due to whoever took my original order not taking my address down correctly. My phone line was connected to the wrong address and then when it had been sorted it out they disconnected me again and wired it up the the incorrect address again without any warning/asking. Now I've finally sorted this out, and changed all the addresses on their system...or so I thought. I really don't want to contact anyone about this just in case the same thing happens again. My phone line and broadband are working now and I'd like to keep it that way!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't really want to use the yahoo email address for anything, as I have another email address - but I'm worried they might send some important information there or something?

Thanks

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Re: I can't access my yahoo email

This is a BT domestic customer to customer help forum, any messages posted here do not go to BT.

If you need to contact BT, you can use Live Chat  or telephone 0800 800 150

It is something only BT can sort out.

If you cannot get any sense out of live chat, then come back to the forum for additional help.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Fee11

Do i actually need the BT yahoo address for anything? My online BT account is registered to a hotmail account that I've had for years. I don't want to contact BT unless I really have to as the service I've recieved so far has been shockingly band so I came on here for some advice and to avoid having to contact them. 

If it's not an email address that has any particular purpose I won't bother trying to access it.

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Fee11 wrote:

Do i actually need the BT yahoo address for anything? My online BT account is registered to a hotmail account that I've had for years. I don't want to contact BT unless I really have to as the service I've recieved so far has been shockingly band so I came on here for some advice and to avoid having to contact them. 

If it's not an email address that has any particular purpose I won't bother trying to access it.

BT will send you anything relating to your account to that BT Yahoo e-mail, like overusage alerts.

Unless they have been sending them to your hotmail account?

You may be able to use hotmail to check additional accounts, some webmail services allow this.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.