Aspiring Contributor
Soundinsync
Accepted Solution

INTERNET EXPLORER HAS STOPPED WORKING

Hi,

I wonder if /anyone else gets the problem I have with Internet Explorer.  And gets he following:

"INTERNET EXPLORER HAS STOPPED WORKING.

A PROBLEM CAUSED THE PROGRAM TO STOP WORKING CORRECTLY.

WINDOWS WILL CLOSE THE PROGRAM AND NOTIFY YOU IF A SOLUTION IS AVAILABLE"

I assume its a registry problem but I wondered if any body else has it at all?

Kind Regards:smileyindifferent:

Contributor
paulpa66

Re: INTERNET EXPLORER HAS STOPPED WORKING

[ Edited ]

Yes quite often, you come to get used to the Microsoft crashes.

Even get it on my brand new PC !!!

Sage
john46

You could try installing another web browser as well
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Contributor
Soundinsync

It only started a couple of weeks ago after downloading an update (I think it was Adobe), which, also decided to add Google Chrome.  Normally I can reset then by "cleaning-out" the registry via Norton N360, but no luck this time.  Just a pain in the bottom and anyway "nobody is going to die" so I'll carry on as usual.

Sorry for bothering you all, just thought that someone would have known of an update or something.

Bye.

Expert
Ribblelancs

Soundinsync wrote:

It only started a couple of weeks ago after downloading an update (I think it was Adobe), which, also decided to add Google Chrome.  Normally I can reset then by "cleaning-out" the registry via Norton N360, but no luck this time.  Just a pain in the bottom and anyway "nobody is going to die" so I'll carry on as usual.

Sorry for bothering you all, just thought that someone would have known of an update or something.

Bye.

This post is a day old, so I don't think that it's too late to help. You omitted to give details of the Windows Operating System.

Have you tried a Windows System Restore?

My operating system is Windows 7, but it's also there on Windows Vista, although it is less reliable on Vista.

You may find that the restore points go back over the past month, so you can choose a point which you think is before the date that the trouble started.

A restore was hopeless with MacAfee, but with Norton 360, you can expect success.

You MUST disable Norton Tamper Protect, before starting a restore.

Don't forget to update Norton 360 afterwards.

You will not lose any data.