CecileD
Accepted Solution

Increasing wireless range with Home Hub 3b

Hi,

I have just connected Home Hub 2 as slave to my Home Hub 3b as primary ... I was all excited because it seems to work .... to a point...  I have hit the known MAC routing "feature" of the HH3b (after reading the post  "Link BT Home Hub 3a and 3b together")  ie I can roam from primary to slave but not the other way round (unless I reset HH3). 

My question is.... If I were to buy a wireless repeater, will I hit the same problem? 

If yes, how can I increase my wireless range? Do I need to replace my Home Hub 3b? If so, any recommendations?

Can BT help? Is it worth calling them?

Many thanks, 

Sage
imjolly

Re: Increasing wireless range with Home Hub 3b

This is help pages done by Keith which will help

http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/index.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Sage
Keith_Beddoe

CecileD wrote:

Hi,

I have just connected Home Hub 2 as slave to my Home Hub 3b as primary ... I was all excited because it seems to work .... to a point...  I have hit the known MAC routing "feature" of the HH3b (after reading the post  "Link BT Home Hub 3a and 3b together")  ie I can roam from primary to slave but not the other way round (unless I reset HH3). 

My question is.... If I were to buy a wireless repeater, will I hit the same problem? 

If yes, how can I increase my wireless range? Do I need to replace my Home Hub 3b? If so, any recommendations?

Can BT help? Is it worth calling them?

Many thanks, 

You will get that issue if you use the HH3B, as that is the way its designed.

A Universal Wireless Repeater overcomes the issue, by presenting all connections on the wireless interface.

There are a couple of options on this menu.

The Netgear one is supposed to be simpler, but quite a bit more expensive.

Wireless connection problems

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

CecileD

Thank you for your prompt responses. I think I will try the universal wireless repeater per Keith's suggestions.