Beginner
stranger

Interference when streaming music.

I've been getting interference when streaming music from We7, online radios etc. I use Windows XP and the problem is not from my equipment or any surrounding equipment.

I've contacted BT but they say it will cost me about £30 for them to do tests. Can anyone tell me what these tests are or what the problem might be?

Thank you

Sam

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Re: Interference when streaming music.

What sort of interference? Is is a loud noise, crackling or hissing noise?

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Guru
ryant704

I take it you're connecting wirelessly?

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
Beginner
stranger

The interference varies. Usually crackling with slight gaps in music. Recently there's been some slowing down of the music.

Sam

Beginner
stranger

No, not connected wirelessly. I've had an expert come in and he confirms there is nothing wrong with any of my equipment nor is the interference caused by anything a neighbour might be doing,

Sam

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

If you are using wireless, then its probably wireless interference. Try changing the wireless channel that the home hub is set to.

You need a good stong wireless signal to stream music, and you can still get problems with wireless interference.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Are you on an ADSL connection, and which home hub version do you have?

Beginner
stranger

No, as I said I'm not using wireless.

Sam

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

What about my last question?

Beginner
stranger

ADSL connection; Home Hub 3.

Sam