Distinguished Guru
gg30340

Re: Iphone 5 / Ipad won't connect to BT Home Hub 4 (Iphone 3gs will) after Wireless key change

See this link for connecting iphone

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35905/~/how-do-i-connect-an-iphone-or-ipod-touch-to-m...

What do you mean "If I remove the Hub password it connects"

When you click on the BTHub-MC35 it should give you the option to enter your BTHub wireless passkey. It is not the admin password or your email password. Once entered the iPhone should then connect.

"If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, click the white star"
Beginner
crazziee

Re: Iphone 5 / Ipad won't connect to BT Home Hub 4 (Iphone 3gs will) after Wireless key change

Hi

I have followed the iphone connection page. Originally it connected fine.

I mean that if I go into the Hub Advance Wireless settings on my computer browser and remove the Hub WAP and WAP2 password  then my phone connects to the Hub.

Thanks again.

Distinguished Guru
gg30340

Did you try it set as WAP2 only as I suggested?

Distinguished Guru
gg30340

crazziee wrote:

Hi

I have followed the iphone connection page. Originally it connected fine.

I mean that if I go into the Hub Advance Wireless settings on my computer browser and remove the Hub WAP and WAP2 password  then my phone connects to the Hub.

Thanks again.

Have you checked the passkey that is entered in the wireless key box in the above setting is the same as the one that is written on the label/card of the Homehub and is the same as the one you are entering into the iphone.

Beginner
crazziee

Yes I tried WAP2 only.

Yes the wireless key is the same as the card and the Hub Wireless Configuration Page on my browser.

The Ipad intermittently connects after a Hub Reset and the Iphone 5 is having none of it (I know it off by heart now).

(Iphones 3g and 3gs happy with the same details.)

Distinguished Guru
gg30340

I think you tried this earlier but could you try it again. On the iPhone reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. then try and connect.

Distinguished Guru
gg30340

One other thing to try. "Forget" the connection and rescan. Ignore the connections the iPhone brings up. Add a new connection your self manually, by pressing other in wifi connections/settings. Choose a WEP security option, Type the name BTHub-MC35 then add the homehub wireless passkey. Hopefully you will now be connected.

If that doesn't work the only other thing I can think of is to do a factory reset of your iPhone and even then there is no guarantee that it will work. This will mean loosing everything that is on it so do a back up via itunes first.

If none of these work then I'm out of ideas.

Beginner
crazziee

[ Edited ]

I'm in the middle of factory resetting the iphone as we speak. It'll take a while.

Thanks once again for all your help.

Beginner
crazziee

What the hell.

Factory reset of Iphone worked.

Thanks again, again.

Distinguished Guru
gg30340

Glad its sorted.