Aspiring Contributor
Topples_Easily

Motive Extension 1.0

In Google Chrome an extension wants to install, named 'Motive Extension 1.0'.

I recently updated Desktop Help which I believe is something to do with some BT-related entity called 'Motive', so the question is: Is the 'Motive Extension 1.0' legit? Genuinely related to BT Desktop Help? The extension itself Offers no clues.

motive extension.PNG 

Beginner
polcup

Re: Motive Extension 1.0

I have just seen this extension for the first time after downloading the desktop assistant. No idea what its for so have disabled it and deleted it. Seem strange that they would install and extension and not advise us that they are doing so. 

Aspiring Contributor
Topples_Easily

I also deleted it with no apparent ill effects.

CayenneUK

[ Edited ]

Likewise, I have just installed BT Desktop Helper, and Chrome displayed a message asking if I wanted Motive Extension 1.0 to install. I clicked NO. The next time I started Chrome the same message appeared - I clicked NO again - but it installed itself anyway! I have now deleted it. I thought No meant No!

Interestingly, I am on BT Infinity 2, but it was slow. When I did the speed test in Chrome, (www.speedtest.btwholesale.com) I got puny results (ie 0.28 mbps download ). BUT when I tested in M$ ie, and Firefox I got more acceptable results, even 53mbps in ie. The only thing I can put it down to are the extensions I have in Chrome. Just be aware if you get poor results using Chrome.. :smileysurprised: