Beginner
Tim77

NAT TYPE 3 on PS3 using BT HOME HUB

Recently I have noticed that my NAT Type has changed from OPEN to STRICT on my PS3. This is causing problems when connecting to online games. Quite often I will not be able to connect to game, friends will not be able to connect to me if I am host and also I get signed off the PSN network randomly. This has only started happening recently.

I have read about this on other threads and it appears to be a problem with the BT HOME HUB. I have the older white version (not sure what model type).

Can anyone advise if BT intend to address this common problem with connecting to online games through a BT Home Hub?

It would appear that obtaining  NAT Type 2 from NAT Type 3 can be quite a tricky process. Again I would be grateful if anyone has any advice on how to do this and whether ti is worth trying.

If this issue is not resolved soon I may have to consider if I will renew my contract with BT as it would appear it is a recent upgrade to the BT Home Hub that has caused the problem.

I did not have any major connection issues until recently.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Expert
Malacath

Re: NAT TYPE 3 on PS3 using BT HOME HUB

[ Edited ]

Not sure if the white home hubs ever get updated any more.

The black home hubs though work fine with the ps3. I get NAT type 2.

Maybe when your contract is up for renewal you can try to get a free home hub 2 off them.

Beginner
jaslam67

Nat settings when on xbox live

I have tried a factory reset but iam still unable to change my nat settings from strict to open.This is causing major

headaches when trying to play Modern Warfare as it wont allow me to join certain rooms.Does anyone have a solution as bt dont seem unable to assist

Thanks

Aspiring Expert
Redflake

Re: Nat settings when on xbox live

You need to turn on Upnp in the settings on the Home hub. Go to settings/Advance settings/Application Sharing/Upnp, where you can turn it off or on.

Contributor
del8oy

try this mate,it was for my old bt205 but when i got my first hub i had to use these settings also.oh and another 1 to look for is in your hub settings 192.168.1.254 then go in to advanced settings and look at your network ( have your xbox on ) your hub should list the things connected to it,now pick the xboxlive from the dropdown box and pair it up this should always give you open nat,if it goes strict again unplug router/hub power line for 2 mins then reboot and reboot your 360.

http://bt.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bt.cfg/php/enduser/cci/bt_adp.php?p_sid=ACNLc8oi&cat_lvl1=346&cat_lvl...

Beginner
Shopaholic

Hi Del8oy, any idea how I can link XBox live in my homehub settings to 2 xbox 360's as it will only let me do 1 of the 2 my sons have, cheers

Contributor
del8oy

i think it will only let you do it to 1 device at a time not 100% sure if you try the dmz settings it will lift the firewall settings only for those devices that you choose,that worked for me when i had nat problems.also my nat would go to strict every time after a update,my hub was close to me so i could hear it click when it was doing the update.so when it finished i would reboot the hub and xbox.try xbox.com and search for nat settings it has a guide to help you get unrestricted as the bt hub is a xboxlive compatible router.

hope this helps you out.

cheers del

Aspiring Contributor
robmac

home hub 2 and xbox 360

Ok had my xbox running fine using my white home hub and comtrend powerline adapters.

My hub died so BT sent a new black hub and now it will not connect. It did connect initally but gameplay was shocking and kept dropping the connection however it will not connect at all now.

I test the connection from the xbox dashboard and it says my router has not assigned an ip address.

Any pointers, i feel like i've tried everything and all i want is it to work as before!

Aspiring Expert
MeanMint

Re: home hub 2 and xbox 360

Maybe a stupid question but have you typed the correct WPA key into the Xbox.

Try connecting the Xbox using a wired connection to make sure it can connect.

http://meanmint.spaces.live.com/
Aspiring Contributor
robmac

Re: home hub 2 and xbox 360

Ah sorry it is running on a wired connection (well the comtrend powerline adapters that turn the electircs into a wired network).