Joolz

Re: New Samsung 10.1 not connecting to home hub

Cheers I will give that a go and get back to you

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Joolz wrote:

Cheers I will give that a go and get back to you

In theory, mixed WPA/WPA2 should not give problems, but for some devices it does, which is why I have suggested it.

I am monitoring this thread, so I would be interested in the outcome, as I am sure other are as well.

There are other issues with the HH2, but as your other devices work fine, then it has to be something that the Galaxy Tab does not like.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Distinguished Guru
gg30340

You say that when you put in your password it rejects it. Just to confirm it is the passkey which is printed on the HH2 and not your Bt password you are entering?
"If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, click the white star"
Joolz

Hello all

Firstly thanks for your replies and interest - and apologies for going off-line for such a period but the good news is all is well.

Having tried all suggestions and getting no-where (and the password I was using was for the hub - but good call anyway there are so many passwords in my life!) I resorted to going back to where I purchased the tablet to make sure the fault was not with the device - it wasn't it connected to their wifi no problem and operated normally - their suggestion was to alter the channel in the hub.

Still no good - however in a fit of pique I decided to restore all factory settings to both the hub and the tablet and hey presto all connected up with no problems whatsoever and has remained connected for the best part of 24 hours so goodness knows why that should have done it but it has resolved the issue and all is well.

Once again thanks for your input (particularly you Keith) I wish you all well.

Beginner
ceefax

I have just purchased my first tablet, a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and I cannot connect to my HH3.

Having read other postings I have reset my password on the HH3 and tried to connect the tablet again.  Although it says connecting and then saved, secured it just goes round in a loop saying authenticating, connecting, saved, secure and then back to authenticating..

I'm not very IT savvy, but I did think I would be able to set up a tablet on a system I know my passwords to.

Can anyone tell me what I'm failing to do?

Thanks

Ceefax

Distinguished Guru
gg30340

[ Edited ]

Do a factory reset of your Homehub by pressing a pin into the recess on the rear. Then go into your wifi settings on the tablet and find your Homehub network and press on it, then click forget network. Switch off and restart tablet. Scan for wifi network and locate your Homehub. Enter the passkey shown on the rear of the Homehub and hopefully it should connect. This is a link showing how to connect an Android phone but it is essentially the same for the Samsung Tablet.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38411/346/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzY0MzI1MTA3L3NpZC9...

Edit: Should have said that this will reset your Homehub passkey back to the one that it came with so if you have changed it you will need to change/ reset the passkey on any other devices which connect wirelessly to you Homehub.

Beginner
ceefax

Thank you for replying.

I did reset the HH but it still wouldn't work.

I didn't realise that rather than my password, what i needed to use was the Wireless Key that was on the under side of the HH - I used that and I am now on line

I'd never used any forum before, but will be sure to look here first next time I have a BT problem.

Ceefax

Distinguished Guru
gg30340

Glad it all now works.