Aspiring Expert
Johnoo
Accepted Solution

New Version of BT Yahoo Classic Mail Major problem

[ Edited ]

I have tried to use the new version of BT Yahoo Mail & have encountered a major problem.

When I select any area of the new mail page I get a message that says "E Mail out of Memory Line 1"

My computer then locks up totally, & I have to turn of with the on/off switch & restart.

I have now gone back to using the original Classic mail, but, I find that if I select a e mail address from a web site this is automatically placed in the New Classic mail system, & again I get the message & lock up. 

I have contacted India, & got nowhere! She said I had too many e mails stored on my system! I actually have 3726, so I think she is wrong

Help please

Should I just stick with the old version of the mail system?

Is there anybody in BT interested in the problem?

Will the original Classic mail continue for ever?

ruthferres

Re: New Version of BT Yahoo Classic Mail Major problem

I am having exactly the same problem and all of my emails and incoming emails are all going straight to my trash folder instead of my inbox. I thought i had lost all my emails at first when my inbox was totally empty but then found them in my trash! does anyone know when this problem is going to be fixed!!

ruth

Aspiring Expert
Johnoo

To all who are viewing this, I have just had a mail from BT saying that they were having a few Bugs with the new mail system.

I was advised to phone 0800 633 5335 Option 2, & they would action.

I did this & I have been transferred back to the old Classic Mail system

They then advised that I should wait at least one month before trying to reinstall the new system.

Thought it best to share this information

Guru
Andy_N

ruthferres wrote:

I am having exactly the same problem and all of my emails and incoming emails are all going straight to my trash folder instead of my inbox. I thought i had lost all my emails at first when my inbox was totally empty but then found them in my trash! does anyone know when this problem is going to be fixed!!

ruth

Hi Ruth. Welcome to the forums.

if you wish to revert to the classic email system, see my shortcuts (link below) option 23. It needs Firefox or Chrome.

In your case Ruth, are you using a mail client program such as Outlook, Thunderbird or Windows Mail ? If so, then receiving emails in these systems will move the online emails into the Trash folder (if the option to "Leave messages on server" is not set).

As a test, send yourself an email, and see where it ends up (it might end up in the Spam folder). If it ends up in the Inbox, check the emails a few minutes later and see if it has been moved.

BornFree

Johnoo wrote:

To all who are viewing this, I have just had a mail from BT saying that they were having a few Bugs with the new mail system.

I was advised to phone 0800 633 5335 Option 2, & they would action.

I did this & I have been transferred back to the old Classic Mail system

They then advised that I should wait at least one month before trying to reinstall the new system.

Thought it best to share this information

Huge thanks to you Johnoo, had been struggling for two days after upgrading from BT Yahoo Classic to new version, and had just reached the end of my tether so to speak!!!

Followed instructions above - although Option 2 refers to 'Dial Up'? - and requested transfer back to Classic.  Contact centre operative seemed to understand perfectly :smileywink:

I confirmed ID and she held on while I accessed mail account, took about a minute from start to finish!  Very happy :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

Get busy living :smileywink:
Aspiring Expert
Johnoo

Thanks for your thanks, but I think that the real issue is that I posted this one month ago.

I was told at this time that all issues were being urgently sorted out. If they have not cleared them in one month I would have thought that we would have got a systems message to say that they were to disband the upgrade.

I now know it's not worth trying to go back to the new system.

But how will we all know when all the problems have been cleared?

Is this not a case where the New system should be taken out of operation & a band of trials only allowed to access whilst the problems are sorted?

Beginner
ecc83

For those of you who cannot get back to the old BT email setup you might try downloading IE8 (if you are still on XP) and installing that.

I have had numerous problems with OE8/Chrome and BT mail but just did the above and now I have the old setup and all is very speedy again.

BT! STOP BEING SUCH ARROGANT PITAs. YOU might think you latest creation is brilliant and so it might be but GIVE US THE **bleep** CHOICE!!!

Dave.