Beginner
tryingtokeepup

New bt home page

Please can someone help me?  I was used to my bt yahoo page, I knew where to find most of what I wanted.

As of this morning my home page has changed  , it looks ok but the e mail preview is missing, so every time I want to see if I

have any mail or not , I have to sign in , also there is no , keep me signed in box .

I do not want to have to keep checking to see if I have mail.

I was fast talked into infinity but have found it to be not one iota faster , I just hope i'm not going to be disappointed with this latest change or I may , after only ever being with bt have to look for alternatives.

Expert
duncan10

Re: New bt home page

Thats interesting it should come to my area next spring and you say it isnt any faster. The adverts claim it is . At the very least  it should be faster than  copper. I am sure somebody will help you here.

Beginner
kchops

I quite agree with your comments, I have been with BT since the dial up days and been through many changes and always for the better the changes that BT have just made I can only assume it was thought up by someone with a disturbed mind why try and fix something that is not broken.

I liked the BT Yahoo home page I had it personalised just how I wanted, I could login from home, work and preview my emails when the changes first started I had two home pages BT.com and BT Yahoo this worked for me until today when every time I try to login to BT Yahoo I get redirected to the BT.com site which is nowhere as good as the site it replaces I can login to Yahoo, Sky, MSN, with no problems at all.

Originally I thought it was just me and then reading on the forum that there are many dissatisfied people and people who are voting with their feet when will BT realise they have made an enormous mistake.   

Sage
imjolly

I don't like the new homepage either and much preferred the old page as i could customise to my preference whereas with new homepage there is no choice. However it would not make me want to change ISP as i am more concerned with my internet connection speed and stability than the homepage
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Expert
duncan10

IMJOLLY-I agree much as I heavily criticise BT for this decision I wont be leaving BT as an ISP provider AS I too think more of stability and speed on the net.  I just shake my head and cant understand why adverts are in your face on a so called "home page" [which isnt in the real sense as applied to many subscribers] Why dont they rename it BT TV magazine page.?

Sage
imjolly

I use adblocker plus so don't have any adverts now
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
robee69

Absolutely agree homepage is awful and now I have to sign in everytime I want to check emails. Despite following the insrtuctions I cant get to the homepage straight away. I expect better from bt how an earth do they think its an improvement!

Beginner
tryingtokeepup

That is the bit that realy gets me I'm 74yrs old [not yet senile I hope] but if I'm waiting for an e mail I have to sign in with e mail address and pass word every few minutes . Can't find keep me logged in box , can't see preview of what my incoming e mails are about.

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

The preview option is available if you are on the new BT mail, and you can stay logged in.

See The new BT Mail and calendar

Specifically, the preview pane looks like this http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/email/mailpreview.jpg

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Beginner
tryingtokeepup

Sorry Keith looked at your link even saved it but I can't find preview option or stay logged in option.

Just not a techy I suppose!! The page shown on your link is nowhere to be found on my laptop .

If these options are as you say available I will have to keep trying to find them.

I expect after much aggro and frustration I will get there. Thanks anyway.