OversizedJelly

Port Forwarding Minecraft on a Home Hub 3?

Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I'm new to these forums. :smileyhappy:

I was wondering if anybody could explain how exactly I'm meant to port forward Minecraft on a BT Home Hub 3, because I really need to get a server set up. I've gone into my router settings through my browser, and I've set up the port for Minecraft (under a new application) which is 25565. Now, this bit I'm fine with, but it's all the IP address that are bound to the port that confuse me. Which IP do I need to put into my server.properties folder? Which IP address do my friends need to connect to? If they can't connect, then what?

I would greatly appreciate it if you could answer this, and I would especially like it if you have successfully set up a Minecraft server in the past without fail. :smileyhappy: I would also love it if you could make it as clear, and as simple as possible to follow as possible: preferably in step by step instructions. Thanks for the help!

Tech Specs:

Toshiba Satellite L775-13K

Windows 7 Home Premium

Intel Core i5 Processor

BT Infinity Broadband with BT Home Hub 3

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Re: Port Forwarding Minecraft on a Home Hub 3?

See Port forwarding with home hub

If you want to allow people to connect, even if your public IP changes, then you will have to sign up for a DDNS account with NO-IP or DynDNS.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

OversizedJelly

I know about that page, I get all that, it's just the IP binding I don't understand.

Eitherway, what you mentioned worked.

Regular
iloftyi

I have the same problem, In which I have set up Port Forwarding settings for Minecraft (both TCP and UDP all fields 25565) and allowed it through the firewall of my PC. Furthermore I have set up a no-ip account and configured it correctly but yet this does not solve the problem. Any advice? Thanks
TMA20b

Hi

My son wants to also have Minecraft on our Hub 3, his friends tell him it easy!!

Ready hear do not seem so!

My question is i am new to this port forwarding, is it safe can people access my home net work and take our data etc?

Or is this a case of pc to pc via a IP address and can't access anything  else.

Also with this does this slow down my band width?

I have not tried yet to set up the Minecraft, as wanted to make sure it is secure for the rest of the family!

Thanks

Contributor
Gizmo99

This may help

Upnp the port forwarding is auto set when needed then removed when not

Upnp and HH3 works
Guru
ryant704

I host a minecraft server and all you need to-do is portforward the port you've said for UDP and TCP. Then it will just be your IP from www.whatismyip.com

You don't need to put your IP in the server properties as it will be automatically assigned from your network once started. You need to make sure it is hosting from your Hub and not your local LAN connection.

Like 192.xx.xx..xx instead of probably 86.xx.xx.xx

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
olidslug

[ Edited ]

make sure windows firewall is turned off too.

Beginner
Pokemonacer

I've set mine up.first you have to login to the settings page (need admin password) then go to advanced settings, and click yes. then go to port forwarding then supported applications, then add a game or app. Then call it minecraft server (or whatever) and make sure that the copy another application is off, then add aport range of 25565 - 25567 (just in case) and make it translate to 25565 - 25567. then add it then save. then go to the 1st subcategory (config) and select what u called it on the left, and the PC name on the right, (it'll refresh, and glitch, just reselect the program,) and hit add then apply. Done :smileyvery-happy: