Cpuk

Re: Problem connecting iPad and iPhone to BT Home Hub 3 with WPA/WPA2 enabled

I'm still getting this problem after seemingly having tried everything. Both on iPad and iPhone, MacBook pro is fine however. Tried forgetting network Tried erasing network settings Tried using 802.11g instead of n Tried changing channels over and over With a lot of messing about I can get the two devices to work, but by the next morning after they have been on sleep, we're back to square one and they won't connect. The only way I can maintain connectivity is by using WEP, but that is pretty unsecure. I have an apple airport express in another room plugged into the router via a network cable through the wall and this I can connect to fine! Massive ball ache this is, might just be easier to scrap the home hub and get a proper apple router!
Sage
john46

I have no problem with any iphone model using WPA security it has to be in your settings of the phone and ipad
all I can suggest is retry all settings and completely start again
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Cpuk

Hi John,

Thanks for your help.

Already tried this over and over. Tried setting a static ip address and this lasted a day then can't connect again.

Even the call handler at BT said he'd recently bought an iPad and can't connect to his own Home Hub on WPA!

Had more than enough wasting my time with this, gonna buy an Apple router.

Sage
john46

They work ok here never had any problems logged in first time there is no reason not to connect
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
GPM
Beginner
GPM

Tried your suggestion and only made matters worse:smileysad:

Jcthatsme

I changed security setting from wpa to wep and now works , needs an update me thinks for mobile devices
baijp

I have the same issue and I work in IT so I know what I'm doing. This looks like a bug in BT's firmware. Have tried all different wifi channels, b/g/n etc and ONLY thing that works is either removing encryption or setting to WEP. I have 2 other wifi routers in the house and the same iPad works fine with those on WPA2. Sort it BT!
Beginner
RedOnionMan

I am also having problems but not being an IT wizz I do not quite know if it is the same issue.

I have an Desk Top PC, Hard Wired to my Hub. I also have an Ipad. Recently I have found that on my PC I cannot download any emails to Microsoft outlook and it keeps asking me for my password, and even if I enter it the box still keeps coming back up. I have spoken with BT several times over the past month, they rectify the problem and then it stops again.

I am now told that this is a Yahoo issue that cannot be resolved at the moment, is anyone else having the same issue.

Travenbroad

Hi had this problem too. Fixed it by logging onto the home hub via my PC and found that the iPad was showing in the Physical connections list  in Settings... Home network.... I clicked on the link then clickedvdeletebdevice & hey presto was able to connect again! Not sure how it ended up under physical connection but it worked so I'm not that bothered!

Aspiring Contributor
4DeltaMike

I have the same problem - had Infinity installed yesterday and a type B HH3.  iPad & iPhone won't join the network - they appear under physical connections and even if I delete and try again, rebooting everything, the same thing happens.  I can join using WEP security but not WPA.

It's not an issue for me in that I switch off the HH3 wifi and use an apple wifi network, but that's not the point!  I have had an HH3 before which I assume was type A, and never had a problem with anyone's ipad etc joining the network.  Those of you reporting no problem, is your Hub Type A or B?

It's clearly an issue that BT need to sort out.  I bumped into an engineer working in our apartments and he gave me a new HH3 - also a Type B - and same problem.