Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems with Home Hub 3 connecting a Repeater

I recently just recieved Infinity broardband and so have just had the new Homehub 3.0b, I have already been with BT for a few years now for broadband, so already pre own the BT Homehub v1.5, after looking on here the other day I found that it should be possible to make my homehub 1.5 a repeater, but after following instructions on this link below

I have been unsucessfull, I made sure both encriptions were in WEP and using same Security code, and used IP adress as stated in this, but when I go onto the Homehub 3 I can find anything to make it be picked up as repater and it's not found either, even though I have made Home hub 1.5 as a repeater..

Is this just not possible between these two hubs, or am I doing  some wrong or missing something.

I'm trying to achieve this wireless so can use Hub 1.5's Erthnets to connect to Blu-ray player and extend wireless signal.

thanks. 

Distinguished Sage

Re: Problems with Home Hub 3 connecting a Repeater

[ Edited ]

wolfeman wrote:

I recently just recieved Infinity broardband and so have just had the new Homehub 3.0b, I have already been with BT for a few years now for broadband, so already pre own the BT Homehub v1.5, after looking on here the other day I found that it should be possible to make my homehub 1.5 a repeater, but after following instructions on this link below
Is this just not possible between these two hubs, or am I doing  some wrong or missing something.

I'm trying to achieve this wireless so can use Hub 1.5's Erthnets to connect to Blu-ray player and extend wireless signal.

thanks. 

You cannot use the home hub 1.5 as a wireless repeater as its not compatible. You have to use a universal wireless repeater.

There is lots of information here about extending the HH3 Wireless boosting

This is quite a common question.

If you need any more help, then let me know.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.