Beginner
judy12
Accepted Solution

Samsung galaxy tab2 won't connect to my hub

Hi, I wonder if anyone knows how they get there hub to allow a samsung galaxy tab2 to access the wifi. All I keep getting is that it finds the hub, I then enter my password when prompted. The tablet then shows as authenticating, then save and secured appears under hub name, but within seconds keeps reverting back to authenticating and then back to saved and secured.

There's nothing wrong with the tablet's wifi as I took it back to the shop and it connected with their wifi immediately. I have windows nokia smartphone and that works fine. I've tried a suggested solution of manually connecting but still no sucess.

One person suggested accessing my router and entering the mac address of the tablet but I have no idea how to access my router. Please help if you can as my money is looking to have been wasted at the moment.

Distinguished Guru
gg30340

Re: Samsung galaxy tab2 won't connect to my hub

[ Edited ]

Make sure you are using the PASSKEY on the Homehub or the pull out card and not your email PASSWORD or any other password.

See this link. It is for an Android phone but is more or less the same for a Tab.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38411/~/how-do-i-connect-an-android-phone-to-my-bt-ho...

"If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, click the white star"
Expert
Patty-L

[ Edited ]

Hi Judy,  

I have the same tablet as you.  I believe it asks for the password which is very deceiving,

as it is the Wireless key from the hub not a password that is needed .If  this is the case with you, you are not alone as I did the same thing. :smileywink:

Beginner
judy12

Thank you so much. I kept typing in the Admin password. I feel a bit dim now but I have access.

Thank you again. I'd give you 5 stars if I could.

Expert
Patty-L

Edit
Imjolly you moved the post whilst I was replying.
Sage
imjolly

sorry but you cannot tell and I thought I was there soon enough - I know the feeling though

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Expert
Patty-L

Thank you for moving mine as well.
Took me too long to reply!!!
Beginner
someonehelpme

Hi everyone,

I've been having the same problem that Judy12 describes at the top there in that i cannot connect to my home hub on my samsung galaxy fame phone. As above it connects for a couple of seconds saying 'saved, secured' and then switches back to saying 'authenticating' ad infinitum. I am definitely connecting to the BThub3(blah) and not the BTWifi or BTWifi-with-fon, and i am using the wireless key as the password with correct lower case letters and nothing seems to work. I've tried doing it with upper case in case the label was wrong. I've disconnected the power to the hub and reconnected so it could reboot. I've pressed the reset button to reset the hub. I took my phone to the o2 shop assuming that was the problem and it instantly connected to the wifi there, plus any other free wifi i happened to wander through. We have a mac, ipad, several iphones in the house and they are all connected. Is there something about the settings of the hub with my phone that could be making this happen? Any advice / suggestions would be brilliant, im not far away from throwing them both in the pond.

Jen

Distinguished Guru
gg30340

[ Edited ]

Try going into your phones wifi settings. Select your Homehub and click and hold on it. This should bring up an option to forget the network. Select this option. Once done, turn off the phone then restart it. Go into the wifi settings again and scan for networks. Locate your Homehub, making sure it is your homehub and not a neighbours, and select it. Enter the wireless passkey found on the rear of your Homehub. (see link). All being well it should connect. 

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14000/c/346/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzcxNTY5MjQ0L3NpZ...

Link how to connect android phone

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38411/~/how-do-i-connect-an-android-phone-to-my-bt-ho...

If this doesn't help then do a factory reset of the Homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds then try the above again. The factory reset sorts out any configuration problems in the hub.

"If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, click the white star"