Beginner
emilio
Accepted Solution

Simpler networks powerline adapters

I am trying to add another Simpler Networks powerline adapter to the two I already have. I have followed the manufacturer's intructions and all is fine until I try to link them. Ipress the link button for 2 secs on the one already on the network but the power light doesn't flash. It is the same on the new adapter and so they don't link.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Distinguished Guru
DS

Re: Simpler networks powerline adapters

Hi emilio and welcome

Are you using BT's help page to configure the extra adapter?

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but BT state that it doesn't matter which plug you use, but on the Simpler Networks help page it states you need to use the secondary adapter to connect the third one and so on. So can you try your other adapter and see if this one works.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Beginner
emilio

Thanks for that but I have tried both existing adapters and on neither of them does the power button blink as it says it should in the instructions.

Distinguished Guru
DS

You could try resetting them all - http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35413

Then try setting them up again (these instructions are also on the link). I'm running out of options as I only have two

Beginner
emilio

[ Edited ]

Having searched through the downloads on the Simpler Networks website I found that where the BT and product instructions say to hold the link button down for 2 seconds, (which I interpreted to mean more than two secs to be sure). What you should actually do is press it for less than 2 seconds. I think they should make this clear on the intructions and the How to video that is on youtube. A simple addition of the words less than would avoid any confusion.

Thanks for your help.

Distinguished Guru
DS

I'm really pleased to hear you've sorted it.

Also your solution should help others too:smileyhappy: