Beginner
CarefulCat
Accepted Solution

Skip the Home page when logging in to BT Yahoo webmail?

I have searched in vain for a configuration option which will take me straight from the BT Yahoo Mail login page to my BT Yahoo Inbox without waiting for the BT Yahoo home page to load and then clicking on the "Mail" option in the side menu, which is the only place I want to go 99.999% of the time.

Does anyone know how to skip the Home page?

CC

Contributor
monarchjock

Re: Skip the Home page when logging in to BT Yahoo webmail?

Create a favorite for http:\\mail.yahoo.com or make it your home page.

Beginner
CarefulCat

Brilliant!

I've just changed the link in my Firefox bookmarks toolbar and it works perfectly...will save a lot of time!

Many thanks,

CC

Guru
Andy_N

CarefulCat wrote:

I have searched in vain for a configuration option which will take me straight from the BT Yahoo Mail login page to my BT Yahoo Inbox without waiting for the BT Yahoo home page to load and then clicking on the "Mail" option in the side menu, which is the only place I want to go 99.999% of the time.

Does anyone know how to skip the Home page?

CC

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Indeed use http://mail.yahoo.com, which is what I use and recommend.

If you are not logged in, then it asks for the Yahoo! ID - just enter the full @btinternet.com email address. It can be used for pretty much all the Yahoo! ISP partners and general Yahoo! email addresses.

Aspiring Contributor
Jolan

There are several threads on this topic.

I'm still on the older system but have recently discovered a "fix".

I click on  "mail" on the rhs of the blue bar.

Type in my email address and password.

When I'm then taken onto my email page, I 'bookmark' the page (I use Google Chrome).

Since then, every time I wish to open my email page, I just click on the bookmark and am taken straight in. I don't even see the login box. (Yahoo! Pardon the pun).

Saves me a lot of time as I log in several times a day.

Expert
duncan10

It certainly does Jolan but yahoo can change bookmarks on chrome and another browser as                                      has been done to me and takes me to yahoo sign in. As said above if you just type in yahoo instead of bt yahoo it takes you to the bt yahoo site.