Aspiring Contributor
topofall

Spam email using btinternet.com addresses.

In the last few days I have started getting spam from btinternet.com addresses including my own. Is anyone else experiencing this? It seems as if the BT database has been breached.

Guru
Andy_N

Re: Spam email using btinternet.com addresses.

topofall wrote:

In the last few days I have started getting spam from btinternet.com addresses including my own. Is anyone else experiencing this? It seems as if the BT database has been breached.

Hi.

Spammers often use ISP domains as the "From" email addresses in their spam runs, and quite a lot of the time their systems "choose" the end user's email address as the "From" address - so it looks like you get spam from yourself.

This is not new I'm afraid, and has nothing to do with any database being breached.

Aspiring Contributor
topofall

Thanks for that, just seemed funny as it has only just started.

14Steve14

I have also started to get these silly emails. Every email that comes has other btinternet addresses in the cc box. Most of them are caught by the spam filter, but not all. |I now get somewhere near 10 -20 of these aday.

They are annoying and i am also contacting bt about this.

Sage
john46

there is nothing that BT can do about it just read ANDY _n 's post
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Sage
Keith_Beddoe

See my spam help on my e-mail help page below, for one solution.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

fedup_99

Yes I have been getting many of these emails. Can't really do anything except to delete them unless someone knows another answer.