Contributor
Longshanks

Suddenly unable to log in to BT Yahoo Mail

No idea what's happened but no response on screen when trying to sign in. Doesn't say in correct password, user name (haven't changed these) but just doesn't respond. Have cleared cache, cookies etc.

Just happened today. Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Distinguished Guru
DS

Re: Suddenly unable to log in to BT Yahoo Mail

I had this happen on two of our sub accounts using Firefox. Tried all sorts but all other BTY email accounts were fine.

Tried the two accounts using IE9 and both worked, went back to Firefox and they carried on working. They've worked ever since:smileywink:

So can you try another browser and see if it works on that one?

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Sage
john46

working ok here with Google Chrome
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Contributor
Longshanks

Thanks

Seems to work now! I hadn't really considered which browser I was using to access my emails. Just went to BTYahoo Mail which I'd saved as a favourite etc. I have Google Chrome and IE 9 so how would I know which browser was being used? (think it's IE9). Also on the log in page you are offered the chance to use google to log in but that wouldn't accept my password. I can only assume that's google mail which I don't use. This email malarkey is more confusing than differential calculus!

Sage
john46

Glad you have solved your problem email can be a bit problematical at times
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Contributor
Longshanks

Not working again now. Same problem as before, sign in with right user name and password but screen just doesn't respond. Doesn't freeze just doesn't get to inbox. This is ridiculous and only started happening last week. It can't just be me surely?

Thanks

Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

Try logging in here. If that's any better it's probably a good idea to set it as a replacement Favorite.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Guru
Andy_N

Longshanks wrote:

Not working again now. Same problem as before, sign in with right user name and password but screen just doesn't respond. Doesn't freeze just doesn't get to inbox. This is ridiculous and only started happening last week. It can't just be me surely?

Thanks

Hi.

If you just want to login to webmail, use :-

http://mail.yahoo.com

entering your full email address as the Yahoo! ID. See if that works.