Beginner
TitusC
Accepted Solution

Sync BT Yahoo Mail and Outlook?

I use Microsoft Outlook 2007 on my desktop and BT Yahoo Mail via a web browser when I'm away from home.

Does anybody know how I can sync my contacts and calendar between BT Yahoo Mail and Outlook?

I know that I can import and export, but I want to sync. There used to be a Yahoo sync Outlook add-in but that isn't available anymore.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tim

Distinguished Guru
Ectophile

Re: Sync BT Yahoo Mail and Outlook?

Before you spend too much time on it, you should be aware that BT Yahoo mail will be switched off some time later this year.  BT are migrating across to a new mail provider.

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44789/?s_cid=con_FURL_email_newemail

Beginner
TitusC

Many thanks for pointing this out. I thought BT were just introducing a new launch page. I wasn't aware that it would be a whole new mail service.

Hopefully the new service will allow me to sync my contact and calendar entries.

Tim

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

I doubt very much that there will be a calendar option, I would imagine it will be just a basic e-mail service, like the early days of BT Internet.. Only Google have full integration, as far as I am aware.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Distinguished Guru
Ectophile

Keith_Beddoe wrote:

I doubt very much that there will be a calendar option, I would imagine it will be just a basic e-mail service, like the early days of BT Internet.. Only Google have full integration, as far as I am aware.

According to the new mail page, there will be a calendar on the new system:

Will my Calendar entries be retained and carried across to the new email service?

Yes these will be migrated across. However, there will be some calendar settings that we can't replicate on the new platform.

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Thanks for that info, I have not seen any offerings from Critical Path, so it will be a case of wait and see whether it will allow synch.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.