Reply
Beginner
MissP
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎01-11-2010
0

Talk21.com email issues

[ Edited ]

Hi there

 

Please, please, please help me.

 

About four weeks ago I tried to access my talk21.com account via https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?.intl=uk&.partner=bt-1&.done=http%3a//bt.yahoo.com/%3f . I was using Internet Explorer. I could access my account in the morning, but in the afternoon, I tried to log on and got a message saying "Invalid username or password, Please enter your full email." I was entering the correct details. I rang BT and they couldn't help me at the time. They suggested calling my ISP (I'm currently overseas), so I did and they couldn't help me either. So, I downloaded Firefox and for a week, I was able to access my emails through it, but I was still getting the same message when I tried to access it through Explorer. Out of the blue, I couldn't access my email account through Firefox (was getting the same invalid ID/password message). I managed to set up Windows Live Mail and began accessing my account via that. Over the past few days, I have been getting lots of junk email that apparently was sent from that very email account (I sure didn't send spam to myself). Yesterday I got the following email from:

Talk21 has discovered series of illegal attempts on your account from a bad Ip Location and will shut your account as it has been flagged as a spam account. You are to fill the form below by clicking on the reply-to button on your page, Fill in the correct information carefully and send tobt.net Mail Alert Center Inc:

User name: ...............................................

Password: ............................................... Alternative E-mail(if any): ...............................................
Date of Birth: .........................................
Country Or Territory: ..............................
After following the instructions in the sheet, your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Thanks for your attention to this request.
We apologize for any inconvenience,
Talk21 Technical Information’s Department.
 
Anyway, I'm not stupid enough to send my details. I rang BT however and tried to explain that I have a talk21.com email address and the guy said talk21.com is nothing to do with BT, so he couldn't help. I have been told that before by BT. The guy suggested I contacte my ISP, so I did again. My ISP can't help.
 
I tried to log into my account using firefox and explorer today. When I get to the log on page, The address begins with "https". I can now get into my account, but as soon as I do, the address changes to "http". So that means others can view my information right? Tried to explain to the BT guy that the website I am trying to log in through belongs to BT, but according to the guy, he can't help.
 
Can someone at BT please help me. I am very frustrated.
 
Many thanks. 
Guru
Andy_N
Posts: 3,476
Registered: ‎31-01-2010
0

Re: Talk21.com email issues

[ Edited ]

MissP wrote:

Hi there

 

Please, please, please help me.

 

About four weeks ago I tried to access my talk21.com account via https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?.intl=uk&.partner=bt-1&.done=http%3a//bt.yahoo.com/%3f . I was using Internet Explorer. I could access my account in the morning, but in the afternoon, I tried to log on and got a message saying "Invalid username or password, Please enter your full email." I was entering the correct details. I rang BT and they couldn't help me at the time. They suggested calling my ISP (I'm currently overseas), so I did and they couldn't help me either. So, I downloaded Firefox and for a week, I was able to access my emails through it, but I was still getting the same message when I tried to access it through Explorer. Out of the blue, I couldn't access my email account through Firefox (was getting the same invalid ID/password message). I managed to set up Windows Live Mail and began accessing my account via that. Over the past few days, I have been getting lots of junk email that apparently was sent from that very email account (I sure didn't send spam to myself). Yesterday I got the following email from:

Talk21 has discovered series of illegal attempts on your account from a bad Ip Location and will shut your account as it has been flagged as a spam account. You are to fill the form below by clicking on the reply-to button on your page, Fill in the correct information carefully and send tobt.net Mail Alert Center Inc:

User name: ...............................................

Password: ............................................... Alternative E-mail(if any): ...............................................
Date of Birth: .........................................
Country Or Territory: ..............................
After following the instructions in the sheet, your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Thanks for your attention to this request.
We apologize for any inconvenience,
Talk21 Technical Information’s Department.
 
Anyway, I'm not stupid enough to send my details. I rang BT however and tried to explain that I have a talk21.com email address and the guy said talk21.com is nothing to do with BT, so he couldn't help. I have been told that before by BT. The guy suggested I contacte my ISP, so I did again. My ISP can't help.
 
I tried to log into my account using firefox and explorer today. When I get to the log on page, The address begins with "https". I can now get into my account, but as soon as I do, the address changes to "http". So that means others can view my information right? Tried to explain to the BT guy that the website I am trying to log in through belongs to BT, but according to the guy, he can't help.
 
Can someone at BT please help me. I am very frustrated.
 
Many thanks. 

Hi.

 

The mail servers have currently got serious issues, and will probably manifest itself as the (sometimes) problem you see logging in.

 

Talk21 *is* part of BTinternet, and emails can be accessed as a @btinternet.com email address. You just need to add .t21 to the bit before @talk21.com, and end with @btinternet.com.

 

What did you include a Berlin Transport picture icon in your post ?

 

How are you accessing the internet from overseas ? Is it via your own computer ?

 

Without seeing the email headers of the junk email "sent" from your windows live mail account, it's difficult to give an accurate reason, however I would suggest that it's pure coincidence. There is no harm in altering the password.

 

Clearly the email you've included is a "phish". No company asks for username and passwords to be sent to them in this manner. If they do, then you never use them again.

 

As for the bit about changing from https to http, there is nothing to worry about in that regard.

Beginner
MissP
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎01-11-2010
0

Re: Talk21.com email issues

Thanks, Andy. Brian Gay sent the Berlin transport logo to me in the email.

 

I'm  accessing the internet via my own computer. I also tried to get into my account using my friends' computers. Worked on some and not others.

 

The subject headings of the junk emails are all to do with job vacancies. I have received several emails similar the following one:

 

I would like to take this time to welcome you to our hiring process and give you a brief synopsis of the position's benefits and requirements.
If you are taking a career break, are on a maternity leave, recently retired or simply looking for some part-time job, this position is for you.
Occupation: Flexible schedule 2 to 8 hours per day. We can guarantee a minimum 20 hrs/week occupation Salary: Starting salary is 2000 GBP per month plus commission, paid every month. Business hours: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, MON-FRI, 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM SAT or part time (UK time).
Region: United Kingdom.
Please note that there are no startup fees or deposits to start working for us.
To request an application form, schedule your interview and receive more information about this position please reply to Frank@expoeurojob.com with your personal identification number for this position IDNO: 5142.

 

I altered my password about 10 hours ago and I still received 3 more job vacancy emails. They say they were sent from my email address. No trace of them in my sent or deleted items.

 

Oh ok. I thought people could see the information I send or receive if the URL is http. Even when I go to send an email, the URL is http.

 

Any idea why BT keep saying talk21 is nothing to do with them? I have called them 3 times now and they've said that every time.

 

Thanks for your help.

 

Beginner
MissP
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎01-11-2010
0

Re: Talk21.com email issues

brian_gay(at)talk21.com was the one that sent me the email about illegal attempts from my account.

Guru
Andy_N
Posts: 3,476
Registered: ‎31-01-2010
0

Re: Talk21.com email issues


MissP wrote:

Thanks, Andy. Brian Gay sent the Berlin transport logo to me in the email.

 

I'm  accessing the internet via my own computer. I also tried to get into my account using my friends' computers. Worked on some and not others.

 

The subject headings of the junk emails are all to do with job vacancies. I have received several emails similar the following one:

 

[..]
I altered my password about 10 hours ago and I still received 3 more job vacancy emails. They say they were sent from my email address. No trace of them in my sent or deleted items.

 

Oh ok. I thought people could see the information I send or receive if the URL is http. Even when I go to send an email, the URL is http.

 

Any idea why BT keep saying talk21 is nothing to do with them? I have called them 3 times now and they've said that every time.

 

Thanks for your help.

 


No idea who this Brian person is, or why he would send that logo - it makes no sense.

 

Junk email arrives all the time, most of it has forged email addresses - in this case yours. Some people will believe that the "From" email address in spam is actually the person sending it. So it's likely that this Brian person believes that.

 

The text of the spam is irrelevant, it's the header information. If you still have one of those last three received ones, I'd be interested in seeing the full email header. If you want to know how to get it, just drop a reply back. (usually it's highlight the email, and click on the more actions icon and use "view full header" - you can copy and paste from there, but before sending remove your email addresses).

 

I don't know why the support people don't recognise talk21, because they are wrong I'm afraid. It's simple to prove by going to http://www.talk21.com

 

 

Beginner
MissP
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎01-11-2010
0

Re: Talk21.com email issues

Hi there

 

Brian is saying he is from Talk21 Technical Information's Department. I really don't believe that. Would Talk21 really ask me to send my password to them? I think Brian is in fact trying to get into my account by posing as a Talk21 employee. I guess he can't use the British Telecom logo and that's why he used the Berlin Transport one.

 

I'm using Windows Live Mail to access my emails right now. I'm not sure how to copy the email header. I'll do it If you can tell me how to.

 

Thanks so much.

Beginner
MissP
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎01-11-2010
0

Re: Talk21.com email issues

I googled part of Brian's email. Other people have been receiving similiar emails. Found this thread http://bt.lithium.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/e-mail-asking-for-account-verification/td-p/336999 

Guru
Andy_N
Posts: 3,476
Registered: ‎31-01-2010
0

Re: Talk21.com email issues


MissP wrote:

Hi there

 

Brian is saying he is from Talk21 Technical Information's Department. I really don't believe that. Would Talk21 really ask me to send my password to them? I think Brian is in fact trying to get into my account by posing as a Talk21 employee. I guess he can't use the British Telecom logo and that's why he used the Berlin Transport one.

 

I'm using Windows Live Mail to access my emails right now. I'm not sure how to copy the email header. I'll do it If you can tell me how to.

 

Thanks so much.


If Brian was from the tech department, then he would probably be using a support type email address, he would not ask for passwords. He would certainly not use another companies logo. This fool clearly thinks that the BT logo he's using is the real one, quite comical really if you don't mind me saying.

 

Windowsl Live Mail header :-

 

Right click the email in the list of emails, and choose the last option "Properties". The pick the "Details" tab. In the "Internet headers for this message", click near the top and drag the mouse to the end highlighting it all. Then you can use Ctrl-C to copy, and then Ctrl-V to paste into a reply. Before sending remove your own email addresses.

Guru
Devon_Dave
Posts: 3,379
Registered: ‎28-02-2010
0

Re: Talk21.com email issues

Hi all

 

I reckon I get a spoof email a day on my talk21 account asking for my login details as well other details as shown below

 

 

Dear Valued Member,


This is for your own safety to avoid the closure of your Talk21 mail. You will have to verify your account by Fill in the correct information carefully and send to Talk21 Mail Alert Center Inc:

User ID: 
Current Password: 
Occupation: 
Date of Birth: 
Country of Residence: 

After receiving the information requested you will be able to continue using your Talk21 mail without hitches. Please do bear in mind that we reserve the right to close this Talk21 account if this request isn't granted on time.


Thank you.
TALK21 Customer Care.


Case number: 8941624
Property: Account Security
(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Beginner
Solutions4u
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎26-12-2011
0

Re: Talk21.com email issues

Brian is 100% fake so I'll suggest you to donot entertain him.Talk21 email address is no doubt a BT email address, if you are not able to use www.btyahoo.com, try this one- example: an email address xyz@talk21.com will be written as xyz.t21@btinternet.com . So go to www.btyahoo.com and sign in putting your email address as above. If you don't succeed talk to Yahoo/Mac specialist tech support in BT.