Beginner
patricklaine

Unable to upload or download email attachments

Have used BT-Yahoo e-mail for years.  Suddenly, when I try to upload or download e-mail attachments, they do not open.  (They are scanned for virus, green check-mark and continue, but nothing.... Or when I try to upload, the spinning arrow followed by a red error message.   Any suggestions?  Patrick

Beginner
Parsdeclined

Re: Unable to upload or download email attachments

I am a new user to BT Yahoo webmail as of today & I can't download any attachments from e-mails either. I haven't tried uploading any but this seems to be a persistent problem looking at older posts. This is not what I expect as a new customer

Contributor
landie57

I wonder if this is in anyway related to the problems many uisers are having downloading e-mail and attachments to MSOutlook?

Contributor
mazroy

seems to be a growing problem....me too :smileysad:

1 fix i did was to forward the mail to another address (none bt) and open it from there but thats getting a bit much now ....I shouldnt have to do that.
Aspiring Contributor
Petros

I too have found this. It occurs with IE9 or chrome, and with other single or multiple file upload options.

Crazily it doesn't happen with Yahoo webmail despite this looking to be the same interface!

Has someone at BT changed a setting?

Beginner
patricklaine

Success:  I called BT helpdesk and via software they took remote control of my computer.  All he did was reboot the wireless hub and it fixed the problem.  So ---- I'd suggest pushing reset on your wifi hub, and then try to upload or download attachments from e-mail.  I have no idea why the wifi hub should impact this ---- but it fixed the problme in my case.   P

wamjl50

I have the same problem Not able to attach any attachments  ( Timing out) and not able to Open any attachments.  I have been working on it for a week now what we know so far

It is not the computer ( I have 4 all the same)

It is not the Browser have tried (IE and Firefox )

It is only  BT Yahoo accounts  My sons Yahoo only is OK

I can get mine  to work on other peoples Broadbands I can log on via

IT IS THE BROARDBAND  

My problems only started the day after I had Infinity Are the other complaints all

Infinity is the Question ?

Yes the solution is to press the RESET BUTTON on the back of the Black Hub Router with a paper clip How long will the fix last?

I have not a clue exactly what this is all about very odd indeed as at the end of the day a router is only a Router I was a broadband engineer until I retired a year or so ago 

Aspiring Contributor
Methos

i'm having the exact same problem here...

email attachments just aren't coming through to my PC... any time an email has an attachment over 15kb, the email just times out when i'm trying to run a 'send and recieve'...

I've tested this on windows live mail, microsoft outlook and thunderbird... same each time...

it seems if i ever want to continually recieve email, then i have to log in via web mail each time to make sure there aren't any attachments in my inbox before running a sync...

Now i know it's not my settings, as 'send and recieve' work fine when there are no attachments in my inbox, and attachments come through fine on Live Mail and Outlook with my Gmail and Live.co.uk address, so by elimination it can only be a problem with BT.

A quick google search told me i'm not alone in this problem... 

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/BT-Yahoo-e-mails-with-attachments/td-p/440425/page/3

and this thread...

And then there's this one... which seems to have been marked as 'solved' by a moderator or admin, though i don't see any sign of any actual help being given aside from a few rudimentary questions, no problem solving anywhere in the thread...

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/Attachments-in-email/m-p/545155#M50113

So has anyone come up with a solution to this yet? I'm getting to the point where i actually wonder why i keep my email with BT as i can't use it aside from webmail, where the yahoo interface is about as useful as a kick to the teeth...

M

Contributor
mazroy

Still the same here for me apart from a couple of times last week when receiving attachments and it worked but yesterday it was back to normal. Seriously peed off at getting no help from anyone on here at all....waste of time posting really. :smileymad:

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Have you tried using the IMAP servers instead of the POP3 ones?

Its POP3 which seems to be causing the problems.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.