Contributor
fancellu

Unstable wifi when using my Samsung Galaxy S3. Anyone else see this?

I keep seeing the wifi disconnect and reconnect. Anyone else see this?

I have no idea if the fault lies with the phone, hub, or a combination of both, just want to know if others have seen similar.

Thanks.

Contributor
fancellu

Re: Unstable wifi when using my Samsung Galaxy S3. Anyone else see this?

Further investigation: Router doesn't seem to be resetting, can see router fine from laptop, doesn't go away using inSSIDer 2.1

Doesn't make any difference if I turn of auto channel changing on router, or if I connect with BTWifi or BTWifi-Fon.

Doesn't make any difference if I have my phone plugged in, or if I turn off power saving on the phone.

Oh yes, this dropping of wifi is when the phone is active, so I find I have great problems doing larger downloads, have to try repeatedly.

Contributor
fancellu

Contributor
fancellu

Anyone?

Upgraded to jellybean, no difference, wifi to home hub disconnects every few minutes. Can't copy large files

as they never make it.

Contributor
smartie

[ Edited ]

Same here with my s3 and the hh3, was random when it happened, might be ok for hours and then suddenly start dropping the wifi and reconnecting instantly.

Over on the XDA forums there was some tips and tricks, like turning off the power saving on the wifi on the s3 which is enabled by default, didn't help for me though and it seemed to happen more when my phone was running ics, updated to the official uk release of jellybean and it was alot better but still happened occasionally.

I had been thinking of ditching the hh3 for a while as it lacked features I wanted and earlier this week I installed a netgear wndr4500, great router by the way and I have no idea if it's a coincidence or not but I've never had a wifi problem on my s3 since.

Contributor
fancellu

I'd prefer it if BT would simply admit to the problem and then fix it.

Oh well, I'll probably be leaving BT when my contract comes up, support is lacking, line speed very variable.

Hopefully BE will have fiber by then, and a proper router.

milanobill

Hi , have you had any success yet in rectifying the wi-fi prob with s3?

My wife and I both have S3s and are having the same problem since we updated both of them last week. Tends to think that its a prob with the phone update but my fibre optic has been very poor again recently also.

Contributor
carlj64

My S2 was a nightmare connecting to any wifi, whether at home or at a public hotspot. Since upgrading to HTC One M7, have no problems unless I go to the furthest corner of the house. Hudl seems poor at maintaining a wifi connection too. Is it possibly the quality of the device's antenna?