Aspiring Contributor
hateindiancallcentre

Uploading attachments to email problems

Hello all,

I cannot seem to upload any attchments to my emails, I can send emails without attchments but not with. This goes for all types of attachments...photos, word docs and excel docs. I have upgraded to Internet Explorer 8 which was recommended but no difference. In order to send any attachments I have to use my old AOL email account, sort of defeats the object of having BT email, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Aspiring Contributor
hateindiancallcentre

Re: Uploading attachments to email problems

I thought this would prove technically difficult as I have not found anyone who knows the answer to it, maybe Yahoo email just doesn't allow attachments.

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

You seem to have solved it here http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Switching-back-to-BTYahoo-classic-view/m-p/365001/highli...

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Aspiring Contributor
hateindiancallcentre

Apparently not, hence this post.

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

hateindiancallcentre wrote:

Apparently not, hence this post.

Have you considered using an e-mail program, its much easier?

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Aspiring Contributor
hateindiancallcentre

I haven't because I am unfamiliar with them, can you please advise, thanks.

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

See Thunderbird setup for BT Yahoo e-mail

joanmunro

I have suddenly stopped being able to attach files to emails.    I don't get an error message, the files just keep trying to attach forever.

I am also not able to download attachments others have send me.

I am accessing my BT Openworld account from my Mac, but I also tried from an old Dell and had the same problem. 

Help!

I have tried the reverting to BT Yahoo Classic as others have recommended but nothing happened.

joanmunro

mgw
Aspiring Contributor
mgw

I've also suddenly found I am unable to attach photo's to Emails using BTYahoo. This used to work fine. I have tried 2 different computers, different files, using basic and multiple file uploaders. I have SFBB and have 10M down / 8M up even with WIFI. Files never complete attachment and sometimes give a error, lit up in red, to say cannot attach.

Anyone know what is going wrong?

bruntyboy

[ Edited ]

I've also experiencing this problem today. I am using Firefox. I don't think the size of the attachment is the problem as it is ony a small file.

Howeve I notice that when I press the attachment button a Norton logo appears on the right hand side. Where has this come from as BT Yahoo uses McAfee and I uninstalled Norton ages ago? Is this the problem and how do I get rid of it?

Thanks.