Contributor
grantsmith82

Using my old email (NTL) via my BT infinity connection in outlood

HI All.

years ago i was with NTLWORLD.  Now Virgin media so i still have my old @ntlworld email address.

i joined o2 a year or so ago but kept my ntl account live at another properly   however initially had issues sending ntl email via the o2 broadband.  would receive but not send. 

anyway spoke to O2 tech  and they have me a smtp server to input  (relay.o2broadband.co.uk)  this worked a treat.

however just moved from o2 to bt today  and i have the same issue with my NTL email   can receive but not send.  

is there a server address i can put in the outgoing  to allow me to send my ntl email via outlookg using bt connection.

i really dont want to go down the rout of setting up webmails etc.. 

and i dont want to loose my ntl email  it has my whole life connected to that email addy

any help appeciated

Guru
Devon_Dave

Re: Using my old email (NTL) via my BT infinity connection in outlood

Hi, try this.

To set up your mail in outlook express open outlook express.
Cancel any errors you may get.
Click on tools and then accounts.
Click on the mail tab.
If you have old accounts in here that you do not want then click on it then click remove.
Click on add, and then click on mail
In this first box type your name (this is not your email address this is just your name and can contain spaces).
Click next.
Then type your NTL email address.
Click next
Then leave the top box as pop3
In the incoming mail POP3 (the top long box) type
Pop.ntlworld.com
In the outgoing mail SMTP box (the bottom long box) type
Smtp.ntlworld.com
Click on next
Your username will already be in here
Type your password (the one you were given by NTL) in the password box
Then click next
Then click on finish.
This will complete the setup of your mail.
Close the box open in the middle of your screen and you are now ready to use your mail.
For a second or third mail account please follow the above steps

(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Guru
Andy_N

Re: Using my old email (NTL) via my BT infinity connection in outlood

grantsmith82 wrote:

HI All.

years ago i was with NTLWORLD.  Now Virgin media so i still have my old @ntlworld email address.

i joined o2 a year or so ago but kept my ntl account live at another properly   however initially had issues sending ntl email via the o2 broadband.  would receive but not send. 

anyway spoke to O2 tech  and they have me a smtp server to input  (relay.o2broadband.co.uk)  this worked a treat.

however just moved from o2 to bt today  and i have the same issue with my NTL email   can receive but not send.  

is there a server address i can put in the outgoing  to allow me to send my ntl email via outlookg using bt connection.

i really dont want to go down the rout of setting up webmails etc.. 

and i dont want to loose my ntl email  it has my whole life connected to that email addy

any help appeciated

Hi.

Typically, ISPs tend not to allow access to their smtp servers if the user is connected to a different ISP, so "normal" access via a mail client such as Outlook is not possible.

However you can use the BTinternet mail servers, if you go through a system called address verification.

Have a look at my shortcuts, option 0e. If you get stuck with anything, reply back.