Aspiring Expert
st-clares

What is wrong with BT Yahoo Mail

Is any one else having problems accessing BT Yahoo Mail.

My wife and I  have 5 BT Yahoo mail accounts between us.

We access mail using Mailwasher and Windows Mail.

We have always had trouble from time to time logging on to access mail either directly with Win Mail or Mailwasher even though the settings are definately correct. We put the settings in the window that pops up, but it is pot luck if that works or not.

Sometimes we ignore it, log on later and mail can then be downloaded OK if we are lucky. Some times sending mail is also a problem logging on.

This situation is very annoying, sometimes mail is required urgently and can cause problems if it cannot be read

I have asked this question on this Forum in the past, but no one seems to have an answer.

Yesterday and today one address is unable to deliver mail to either my PC or my wife's laptop the others are intermittant sometimes work, sometimes not. There is definately a problem with Yahoo Mail.

Can the Forum Moderator contact BT Internet or Yahoo Mail to determine the problem?

BT like to think they are the premier phone and ISP providers but that is not the case if problems like this cannot be resolved.

Personally I think it is a case of take it or leave it like many big organisations these days. "We have got you by the short and curlies" and changing ISP is too much trouble.

Expert
ttyrie

Re: What is wrong with BT Yahoo Mail

Same issue here aswell :smileywink:

Your not alone.

All the settings are definately correct.

Expert
infinidim

Same problem here.

It keeps dropping out or doesn't allow me to log on.

I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2010.

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side
If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Sage
john46

Hi can you access your email via web mail rather than a mail client worth a try
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Foxster

Yup, same problems. Pop server is rejecting my login. Can still get on with the web-based Yahoo mail though. 

Hopes someone is working at BT today. 

Contributor
laplands

[ Edited ]

thats why as with all of BT services. Over priced

Sage
john46

laplands
i have replied to your post with suggestions of how to start looking for the causes of your own problems all problems are resolvable mail issues happen with all isp's from time to time the fact that the web-mail service is working shows only an intermittent fault when using a mail client
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Expert
st-clares

Nice to know we are not alone, but that is not the point.

I have had problems accesing my personal email account most of the day, but when I tried my account a few moments ago to see if there had been any replies, my account had downloaded my emails. I have just tried again a few seconds ago. No success.

BT should be able to sort this problem out. I did not have this problem with my previous ISP except on very rare occasions. In fact for reasons I won't go into here I can  access email on that account OK.

When log on problems happens as often as BT Yahoo Mail it is certainly unacceptable.

I assume the BT mail servers are overloaded. If this is the case it is something BT should sort out. Of course BT want to give minimum service for the maximum cost that clients will accept

I have not yet tried accessing via the web page though will try later if thing do not improve. I find it to be too complicated and my wife although quite computer literate I feel would be out of her depth  to do this on a regular basis and why should we have to.

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

[ Edited ]

Webmail is also down.

You can see status here http://downrightnow.com/yahoomail#refresh

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Sage
john46

web mail working here ok at 1735