Distinguished Guru
DS

Re: When will the new BT.com portal go live?

pottyperson wrote:

Experimented on my HTC (standard browser). I get the same result as on my laptop - bt.com for old page, home.bt.com for the new one.

Eh? So you click on bt.com and it redirects to home.bt.com?

Just tried on an android based tablet and this also goes to bt.com only.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

DS wrote:

pottyperson wrote:

Experimented on my HTC (standard browser). I get the same result as on my laptop - bt.com for old page, home.bt.com for the new one.

No, that only happens with FF, which can't access the old page because it automatically diverts. All the other browsers can get either page.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Distinguished Guru
DS

pottyperson wrote:

DS wrote:

pottyperson wrote:

No, that only happens with FF, which can't access the old page because it automatically diverts. All the other browsers can get either page.

Well I'm stumped then:smileysad:

FF and IE - bt.com goes to bt.com

Manually typing home.bt.com goes to home.bt.com

clicking on bt.com after going to the above goes to bt.com

(fwiw i'm on adsl....:smileyindifferent:)

Expert
HHGTTG

Yes of course I get it when I type it into my browser! Not when I access by.com stored on 'Favorites'. Therefore now have home.bt com stored.
Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

DS wrote:

Yeah, we have similar set-ups with similar results, except that I get an auto divert on FF only. Can't think of anything I might have done to make it do that.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Expert
HHGTTG

But as someone said earlier, it hasn't gone live yet.
Contributor
jfsfoster

I've bookmarked www.home.bt.com in Chrome and IE 10. Plus made it my homepage in both. I notice that BT have switched to Google from Yahoo for the search box. The BT Mail service is around the corner. 

I would like a little settings icon, so I can change what types of content I see on the homepage. ie I'm interested in business news, but not interested in what Kim Kardashian wore to go shopping this afternoon.

Distinguished Guru
DS

pottyperson wrote:

DS wrote:

Yeah, we have similar set-ups with similar results, except that I get an auto divert on FF only. Can't think of anything I might have done to make it do that.

Must be a case of someone needing to flick a switch....

Distinguished Guru
DS

jfsfoster wrote:

I've bookmarked www.home.bt.com in Chrome and IE 10. Plus made it my homepage in both. I notice that BT have switched to Google from Yahoo for the search box. The BT Mail service is around the corner. 

I would like a little settings icon, so I can change what types of content I see on the homepage. ie I'm interested in business news, but not interested in what Kim Kardashian wore to go shopping this afternoon.

You can submit feedback on the new home.bt.com

I've copied this if you want to comment

We really hope you like the new BT.com and find it useful. If you want to find out more about what the new site has to offer, please take our tour

We’d also love to hear what you think, so if you want to get in touch please contact us here.

Sage
imjolly

At present there is not a function to customise your homepage like you can do with the existing btyahoo
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.