Aspiring Contributor
jennifer328

Where is the bt homehub manager?

I'm getting quite frustrated with the bt websites.   Far too complicated.  And too many passwords.

I want the bt homehub manager, and I've already changed my password.   But I can't seem to get any further along than the first page, which wants me to change my password.

I want to restrict access to the internet.   Is there anyone can help? 

Sage
imjolly

Re: Where is the bt homehub manager?

to enter the hub manager just enter 192.168.1.254 into your browser - you will need the password which was on the back of the hub or the new password you created

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Aspiring Contributor
jennifer328

Thankyou.

But is entering an ip address the only way?   I would like to know how to get there without using an ip address.   I've already changed the password.  But the only page I'm getting is asking me to change my password.

Distinguished Guru
DS

jennifer328 wrote:

Thankyou.

But is entering an ip address the only way?

No, it's not the only way

I would like to know how to get there without using an ip address.

Open a new browser page and enter bthomehub.home

I've already changed the password.  But the only page I'm getting is asking me to change my password.

So you've changed the hub password, yet it still reverts to this page?

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Aspiring Contributor
jennifer328

Thanks DS for that information. But I got there somehow. The page did ask me to change my password, but I carried on and used the one I had changed to. Worked ok.

Also it tells me I'm not a member of fon. I have bt hh 3 so I think I am in fon. Strange sites. Annoying.
Distinguished Guru
DS

When you first access the hub manager, you'll be asked to change the password

Also if you've reset the hub, it'll ask again

Fon should be automatically enabled in 72 hours (on average) or much longer. Give it a week and if it's not enabled on the hub, post back

-+-No longer a forum member-+-