WarrenTucker

Why can't BT find my postcode

I  live in sight of a BT tower which includes the exchange and within a few hundred yards is a BT  huge datacentre. But when I try to find out if I can get Infinity in the future BT blithly announces they cant find the postcode so thry wont be  installing fibre in the future.

How do I get BT to recognise a postcode - after all everyone else can find it.

All I can get is a speed of less than 2Mb.

Sage
john46

Re: Why can't BT find my postcode

Try entering you bt phone number in to the checker it will be more accurate as well as to possible infinity speed if available for your line
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
WarrenTucker

I dont have a  BT landline. So I have to use the Postcode and no postcodes for the 500 odd flats in this area show up in the BT database. I have phone but its not with BT.

I would be happy to move to BT if they could supply a better service

Sage
john46

Who is your phone with ?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
WarrenTucker

It;s with the Post Office who use BTWholesale.

However, I hear that BT use post codes as a guide to installing fibre and now nearly everyone around has been connected. The building i am in has its own postcode and its own green box but BT dont know the  postcode!