Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Why does my home page keep changing?

Hi Guys and Guyesses,

Two days ago I dismantled my BT Broadband set-up and replaced it with one of the new, sexy looking black ones as seen on all the latest TV adverts. Everything seemed to go well and a desktop computer running Windows XP connected via an ethernet cable straight away and has caused no problems at all. Not quite so good when trying to connect a Mac desktop wirelessly. It is a Mac Mini running Snow Leopard and ran without any problems under the old BT Broadband router.

What happens now is that my browser totally ignores my home router and tries to connect me to a BTFON contraption. I then have to click on the proper wireless network and it all goes well from then on after a bit of a kerfuffle.

The question is, how do I stop my browser, (Firefox), from going to the BTFON in the first place?

Cheers,

Steve

Distinguished Sage

Re: Why does my home page keep changing?

[ Edited ]

You need to go go into your MACs wireless settings, and delete the BT FON wireless connection, as its taking priority over your normal home hub connection.

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12363/~/my-computer-connects-to-bt-openzone-or-bt-fon...

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Thanks, Keith. That seems to have done the trick.
Distinguished Sage

Excellent :smileyhappy:

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.