Beginner
mike20021969
Accepted Solution

Windows Live Mail - Cannot download BT Yahoo Mail Today.

I've been trying on and off for about 4 hours to download my btinternet e-mails to Windows Live Mail.

BT web mail is working correctly (sending/receiving).

I have numerous accounts set up in WLM so that all my btinternet, gmail and hotmail e-mails are all in one place.

All 9 of my btinternet mail accounts stall on Finding host... and the message eventually shown is The connection to the server has failed.

My 4 gmail account and 5 hotmails accounts DO download to WLM.

(Although I dont use Outlook Express anymore, I have my main btinternet account still there. So I launched OE and that too stalled on Finding host...).

So does anyone know - are there known problems today with server?

Thanks.

Sage
imjolly

Re: Windows Live Mail - Cannot download BT Yahoo Mail Today.

I have had the same problem yesterday and first thing today but it has now cleasred and I hve the mail.   this has happened before trying to access btyahoo mail and there are other cposts about the subject.  nothing will be done as bt are moving from yahoo in next couple of months to start BT mail

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Bowedyapper

I have this exact same problem using Outlook 2013, if i try to connect any email account (Yahoo, Gmail, Live etc...) I will get the message:

An encrypted connection to your mail server is not available.

Does this have something to do with the BT Yahoo portal changes?  Or am i even right in understanding all emails go through mail.btinternet.com before reaching its final destination?

It would be nice to have some input on the matter from someone at BT and perhaps some kind of notification somewhere about that status of the situation.

Beginner
mike20021969

My problem is solved.

I found the solution from spacepilot on this thread:

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/emails-wont-send-with-outlook-2007/td-p/927022

"I had this from this morning. I solved my problem... it was down to my spam filter - Peerblock - blocking the company providing the new mail service. once i allowed Critical path inc My windows mail worked again."

Aspiring Contributor
Puncball

This has always been a problem with me, with Windows Live mail; the Yahoo service is abysmal! 

Hopefully the new BT Mail will be much better; see

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/The-New-BT-Mail-Replacing-BT-Yahoo/td-p/988626

wedders57

Same issue for about 3 days now. Web mail working but cannot download incoming emails with windows live mail.

BT support bl**dy useless as usual and we have to pay for the priveledge of using it . . .

The solution offered in one of the links below is for Outlook 2007 - will this solution work with Windows Live Mail? Is peerblock still recommended? How do we know when our email has been migrated away from Yahoo and what are the email client settings we need to use?

Any advice will be grateful, and the more detailed the better as I am reasonable tech savvy but not an IT guy :-)

Thanks

Sage
imjolly

You will get advance notice before the migration but there is no date yet just end of summer

I am using WLM and picking up my btyahoo mail without a prolem
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
wedders57

and i can send and receive email on my iphone / ipad without any issues