Beginner
cal63

Yahoo Mail Beta: Annoying advert on right side bar, how to delete?

How do I get rid of the advertisement in the right side bar in my Yahoo Mail (Beta version). It means most of my messages have the ends of sentences cut off, and I have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to slide the bar so that I can read text. The trouble is, when I do that, I lose the left hand side, and I have to scroll back to the top afterwards! I am finding it increasingly annoying, as it makes reading emails a pain in the proverbial! Does anyone know how I can get rid of the advert bar please? Many thanks, Cal

Distinguished Guru
DS

Re: Yahoo Mail Beta: Annoying advert on right side bar, how to delete?

Hi cal63 and welcome

Ah, so you've also noticed that the beta version prevents one from hiding the adverts on the right:smileymad:

Having said that, I don't get any!!:smileyhappy:

I use Firefox with no script and ABP (plus several others) which removes the ads:smileyhappy:, but currently not the space allocated for the ads:smileymad:.

I can't help with the scrolling issue, as I don't get this.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Pi
Pi

[ Edited ]

As you said, Adblock plus only hides the ads, but not the space allotted to them, and it's annoying! Luckily, there is a Firefox add-on which takes care of just that! Install Yahoo Mail Hide Ad Panel to automatically hide it everytime.

Sage
john46

good advice however the post is 3 years old and BT Mail is shortly replacing yahoo mail
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’