Beginner
gillfleur

authentication problem Google Nexus 7

I have a Google Nexus 7 which I have added to my homehub 3 back in December. All good, has been connecting everyday with no problems  until yesterday when I got 'Authentication problem' appear and it switches to use BTFON or BT Open Zone. I have tried rebooting the router, forgetting the network on the Nexus and then rejoining it but neither has worked. Please help. Hoping you can help. Thanks in advance.

Distinguished Guru
gg30340

Re: authentication problem Google Nexus 7

Try this: Go to Settings >Wifi and click on your network. Click to forget it. Rescan and click on your network. Enter your information as you normally would, but click advanced before confirming and go down to IP Address. Change from DHCP to Static. Go to IP Address and change it to something like 192.168.1.77 for example. Just confirm and hopefully its rectified.

"If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, click the white star"
Beginner
gillfleur

do I need to find out the static ip address on the router and enter that or are you saying to enter any random ip addreess in the correct format? 

Distinguished Guru
gg30340

If you can find out a free static address use that but the one I posted should work unless it is being used by something at present.

A similar problem is at this post http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/New-Samsung-10-1-not-connecting-to-home-hub/td-p/755560 and he sorted it with resetting device and router.

"If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, click the white star"
gilesmdavis

At last! This worked for me with a 2012 Nexus 7. Thanks for the tip :smileyhappy: