Re: iPad problem sending emails

Hazel, my settings (after the auto set up) for the Outgoing Server are:

Host Name    mail.btinternet.com

User Name    <name WITHOUT @btinternet.com>

Password       <enter your password>

Use SSL         OFF

Authentication Password

Server Port     587

I really hope this helps to get you going again, good luck!

Guru
Andy_N

iPadLover wrote:

Hazel, my settings (after the auto set up) for the Outgoing Server are:

Host Name    mail.btinternet.com

User Name    <name WITHOUT @btinternet.com>

Password       <enter your password>

Use SSL         OFF

Authentication Password

Server Port     587

I really hope this helps to get you going again, good luck!

Hi again.

Can you recall what the settings were before ?

Frankly the above are as expected and the same with most email client programs, with perhaps the port 587 different from the typical 25.

Beginner
iPadLover

Can't recall as I didn't look..

isabelleA

Hello there

I have the same problem. It started when I updated the software on my ipad about a month ago. Since then I have not been able to send mails to some addresses. I have tried synching my mail with my outlook and it creates a new account but then I cannot access my personal folders. It is very annoying. I would appreciate some help.

Eyetea

BT really need to sort this out. There is an incompatibility problem between iPad using Apple Mail and BTs server. You know your username and password are correct because you can log on to BTs Yahoo site with these settings but your Mail programme keeps throwing up the message that either your username or password is incorrect.
What I do is reenter my password in Settings and reboot my iPad. The connection remains very fragile as I'm having to do this on a regular basis.
Don't rely on BTs Yahoo set-up Wizard to get you out of trouble as is won't work on iPad- so why BT are you offering this fix?
Finally, when will all the authors of all this IT stuff recognise us Mac users.....?
Good luck.
Beginner
Blackbird123

I am having trouble reconnecting to my ipad.  I WAS ABLE TO CONNECT TO BTYAHOO. It then decided to stop connecting.  I have manually put all the information and ports back but it keeps telling me that it wont verify my yahoo password and then telling me to log into my yahaoo account.

Guru
Andy_N

Blackbird123 wrote:

I am having trouble reconnecting to my ipad.  I WAS ABLE TO CONNECT TO BTYAHOO. It then decided to stop connecting.  I have manually put all the information and ports back but it keeps telling me that it wont verify my yahoo password and then telling me to log into my yahaoo account.

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

This sounds like one of those fleeting errors that can happen from time to time (since it was working), and last a few days unfortunately. If you keep checking every few hours without changing anything, it should eventually connect.

Allet

I have the same problem in these historic posts. This has suddenly occurred ie I can recieve emails on ipad but cannot send , this problem suddenly started after working brilliantly for a year. The error message when trying to send is password incorrect but I know it is correct as it works on my desktop (mac) and if I log in via yahoo Is there a fix for this ??
Sage
imjolly

this subject is over 6 months old and marked as solved - probably why originator has not been back to it.

you email problem about password has a few similar posts and suggest you try the other BB quieries board  it appears there are others apart from yourself

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
pcpropmatt

[ Edited ]

SOLVED:

I just helped out a guy who had all the correct settings for his BTinternet mail on his new iPad 3, but was still getting the wrong username/password error.

I eventually worked it out to be this:

1. log in to the BT Yahoo webmail, on the internet
  2. go to Options,
  3. go to POP and Forwarding,
  4. change the drop down from ‘don’t download spam’ to download all spam.
  5. Click save.

Job done.

Matt

www.pcprop.com