tobyhead

panasonic smart tv connection issues

Hi, I have just brought a smart tv and am connecting to a home hub 3 via Ethernet cable, The internet on tv was working fine for the first week watching i player etc, Now it is connecting on and off pot luck, I have to turn the hh off then try and see if that works, sometimes it does sometimes not, I have the cable plugged into port 1, Does anyone have the same problem? Ps my Internet seems to work fine , thank you in advance

tobyhead

connecting my panasonic tv to home hub 3

hi, I want to connect my tv to the home hub by ethernet cable, is it best to use the 

GigE port or ethernet port, I am not sure thank you in advance

Beginner
papiskMUSE

Re: connecting my panasonic tv to home hub 3

Ethernet is the answer.

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Re: connecting my panasonic tv to home hub 3

There will be no advantage in the Gigabit Ethernet connection, as its unlikely your TV has an interface that fast. Also you may end up with a 10mb connection instead of 100mb, if the auto-negotiate fails to detect the right speed.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Re: panasonic smart tv connection issues

Is there an option on the TV network set-up to use a static IP address, instead of automatically getting one from the network?

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

mark_willis

Yes, I have the same proplem.  Bought a Panasonic Veira TX-L32E30B a few days ago and it connected to the internet via home hub 2.0 fine the first time.  Watched an hour long programme on iplayer.  Since then it is pot luck whether it connects.  

I've changed the ethernet cable so not that and tried all ports on the home hub.

Am using the home hub wi-fi to type this so no problem with the internet.

The TV does allow the option to manually input IP addresses etc.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

I suggest you use the following manual static IP address, and see if its any better.

IP address        192.168.1.50

Subnet Mask     255.255.255.0

Default gateway 192.168.1.254

DNS server        192.168.1.254

You do not need to make any changes to the home hub.

mark_willis

Thanks for the suggestion.  Tried these settings which worked around 6pm, but when I wanted to use the internet later on in the evening, it did not bring up any content. 

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

[ Edited ]

mark_willis wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion.  Tried these settings which worked around 6pm, but when I wanted to use the internet later on in the evening, it did not bring up any content. 

Did you try the Internet to see if it was working on another device, when it was not working on the TV?

Does turning the TV off, and then back on again, fix the problem?

mark_willis

Yes, the internet was working on my PC (albeit via wi-fi).  I turned the TV off then on again as well.