jbrb
Accepted Solution

talk21

recieved an email from" Talk21@mail" requesting verification details or

"talk21 would be shutting down all passive Accounts, You will have to confirm your E-mail by filling out your Login Information below after clicking the reply button," 

It asks for user name and password and end with

"Warning!!!: Account owner that refuses to update his/her account after two days of receiving this warning stands the risk of losing his or her account permanently."

Is this genuine , has anyone else recieved this email?

Guru
Andy_N

Re: talk21

jbrb wrote:

recieved an email from" Talk21@mail" requesting verification details or

"talk21 would be shutting down all passive Accounts, You will have to confirm your E-mail by filling out your Login Information below after clicking the reply button," 

It asks for user name and password and end with

"Warning!!!: Account owner that refuses to update his/her account after two days of receiving this warning stands the risk of losing his or her account permanently."

Is this genuine , has anyone else recieved this email?

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Any email that asks for the user to supply their account details with the password is almost certainly guaranteed to be fake and a phish to try to get account details.

The link behind the button will probably attempt to go to a hacked website and look nothing like the real URL.

The warning message is also a tell tale sign of a scam email.

The email headers will also show that the email has not come from the genuine people. If you know how to get the email headers, then you can post them (removing all personal details first) - if you don't know how to get them, then just reply with the method you access your emails (i.e. via webmail and a browser, or an email client program such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows Mail).

jbrb

Thanks, confirms my thoughts.

starazi

I have been receiving a similar email and was wondering if it was a scam...thanks for the post and the reply, now I know that it is fake.

thanks a lot