Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
0 Ratings

Any BT personnel ??? Help Please .

I have just had an "Admin Bar " put on my phone line due to my son phoning a 0906 number .

I didn't realise at the time but it turns out there are two types of call barring ??

I would also like to put an end to his mobile phone calls as well but I have been told I cant have that type of barring as well .

Can someone from BT help me get the Admin Bar controlled by BT removed so I can have Call Barring that I have control of with a PIN ??

This is what i thought i was originally getting but apparently not .

I've been given the free bar when i really wanted the one you pay for monthly .

As it stands he can still run up a huge bill phoning mobiles when no ones here and short of hiding the phone or even having the line removed i cant stop it ( suppose i could rip his arms off lol ) which isnt fair one the rest of us which are responsable enough to use the phone normally .

Thanks

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

Re: Any BT personnel ??? Help Please .

try online chat and see if they can help you

live chat http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

BT do not have a call barring option to block only mobile calls. The one that blocks mobile calls, also blocks national and international calls.

You can unblock it each time, but you would have to delete the PIN number from the dialled calls list, otherwise it could be revealed.

If you do want to go ahead with the paid-for call barring, then you should be able to order it online from your BT online account.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (personal website) is back, with lots of useful info for BT home broadband customers..

Contributor
0 Ratings

I have looked and the call barring option isnt there . I have been told by BT India that i cant bar mobile calls because i have the Admin Bar .

Which all seems rather pointless to me .

I the whole idea was to stop him making 0906 and mobile calls and im quite happy to block International calls as well.

In my online acount when trying to add something to my calling plan or what ever it is Call Barring isnt available .

Contributor
0 Ratings

@ Keith_Beddoe .... this is exactly the option i want but thats exactly what i dont have lol .
I have tried to explain this on the phone but they just keep repeating i cant have that as i have the Admin Bar .
Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

Well the BT call options do allow you to block premium rate calls, so perhaps there is a conflict somewhere, and the admin bar has to be removed first.

If Live Chat cannot sort it out for you then:

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (personal website) is back, with lots of useful info for BT home broadband customers..

Contributor
0 Ratings

Thanks .... I'll try these options when time permits .