Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

BT Broadband Talk Softphone - Hub Cease

Hello,

Yesterday when I ordered BT HOME HUB 3, my Broadband talk number had been terminated forever. The only thing I was told was that it would not be compatible with Broadband talk. Eventough it has been the same case for BT Home HUB 2 as that wasn't compatible either. However, since September when I placed the order of BT Infinity I was able to use BT Broadband talk using the softphone until yesterday.

The problem is that I have no access to my number, my business had been registered with this number. Many customers used this line to contact me. As well as that I had hundreds of numbers stored in the program 'Softphone'. I asked them whether if they would reactivate my number or not, they said that they simply cant (billing, customer services, technical and cancellation department said the same thing).

From BT:

'Important notice: From 29the January Broadband Talk will no longer be provided with any new broadband order. If you ordered before this date you can still continue to use your Broadband Talk service.'

I have been a costumer with BT for many years, also I placed the order of Infinity way back in September. Now I have come to a decision which is that I would have to cancel all the services I have with BT if this doesn't get fixed in time as I will be running out of business myself. I had be more than happy to pay the cancellation charge. The only problem BT might face is that I am also part of ONLIVE and once I have cancelled the service that will annoy them. I will stay with BT only if they decide to re-enable it.

Contributor

Re: BT Broadband Talk Softphone - Hub Cease

nobody to look at this issue?

Guru

Hi

I am afraid the HH 3 does not have VOIP capabilities on it so I am afraid there is no way round it, you might be able to get the BB Talk number you had re allocated to you maybe through a VOIP company (sipgate?), Customers would also get their BB Talked ceased if ever the HH2 went faulty and they sent you out a replacement HH. My advice is if you dont want to loose BBT make sure you keep the HH2 (ie keep a spare one)

(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Contributor

It happened when I was using a BT HOME HUB 2 and I have not even opened the box of HH3 yet.

Distinguished Sage

The problem was you ordered the HH3 had you not BBtalk would have still been working unfortunately you cannot have both
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Contributor

From the BT web site commonly asked questions section:

Can I continue to use BT Softphone with the BT Home Hub 3?

If you're already using BT Softphone, you can still use BT Softphone with the BT Home Hub 3.

So...  if you have BT Softphone running on a PC,  then according to BT, you should still be able to access your BT Broadband number.  Now, if that's true, then I can't see why you can setup a different IP phone OR if you have a smart phone (e.g. iPhone, Android) or even an iPad then there are apps like Acrobits SoftPhone that allow you to use your smart phone as an SIP client.

I can provide you with settings if you need them.

Aspiring Contributor

Beginner

Hi 

I have an issue with my hub 2. I was advised a hub 3 would fix it.  Unfortunately I would loose VOIP.  

I discussed this thread and the associated answer.  I was promised that the automatic VOIP cancellation order would be cancelled so I could carry on using the VOIP service via the Softphone as was mentioned. (I did quote this thread to the supervisor I spoke too).

To Cut long story short.  A hub 2 arrived on my doorstep the next day . I rang up BT and they again explained you can NOT Use the VOIP services with the hub 3, If I wanted to use the BT Softphone as advised in the last link  I would have to use another providers VOIP service such as GOOGLE , VIRGIN etc.  (!!!!!)

I can see there is no physical way of connecting the home hub phone.  But why, when I can take my laptop to any wifi hotspot or friends house and use my BT Softphone and the associated VOIP line provided on my broadband talk number via that.  (and they may have A home hub3 at their house) do I have to loose the service in my own home? Why do I have to go to another Communication Provider to carry on using my BT Softphone when I have A perfectly good service already!!!!  

Guru

[ Edited ]

I can confirm that VOIP can be used with Hub 3 on Android  phones.  There are apps in the market place for smartphones as well.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."