Neil955i
Accepted Solution

BT Call Minder (1571) Number of Rings before Pick Up

I have Call Minder and want it to answer before my fax kicks in at 7 rings.  I have read guidance that this aspect isconfigurable by dialling 1571 and then Option 3 to access the settings menu.  Unfortunately, on my phone the onlyoptions available are 1 & 2!

Anyone able to advise please?

Regards, Neil

Guru
Devon_Dave

Re: BT Call Minder (1571) Number of Rings before Pick Up

Hi and welcome

Do you have call minder or BT Answer 1571 as there is a difference, call minder you pay for and it is configurable like you can change then number of rings and there is the BT answer 1571 which you can customise the message but cannot change the amount of rings.

(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Neil955i

You're absolutely right Dave, turns out its 1571 I have and the number of rings is set at 7.  Have gotten around this now by configuring the fax to manual answer!  Ho hum...

grillphil

I've the exact same problem Neil995i. Why BT cannot change things their end baffles me. It would be a simple fix and an obvious addition to the 1571 service. Come on BT!
Guru
Devon_Dave

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I am afraid that it has been like that since 1571 came out, I think BTs answer would be if you want a more tailored service you should have call minder.

(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Contributor
Icarus5000

BT Answer 1571 is a FREE basic version of Call Minder 1571, which gives you the options to extend the amount of rings, access messages remotely, etc.

If BT gave you the same features on BT Answer as they do on Call Minder then they would have to start charging for BT Answer or make Call Minder free. Now seen as BT are a business and not a Social Service as some people seem to think you can guess what they are going to do.