Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

BT Call Minder (1571) Number of Rings before Pick Up

I have Call Minder and want it to answer before my fax kicks in at 7 rings.  I have read guidance that this aspect isconfigurable by dialling 1571 and then Option 3 to access the settings menu.  Unfortunately, on my phone the onlyoptions available are 1 & 2!

Anyone able to advise please?

Regards, Neil

Guru

Re: BT Call Minder (1571) Number of Rings before Pick Up

Hi and welcome

Do you have call minder or BT Answer 1571 as there is a difference, call minder you pay for and it is configurable like you can change then number of rings and there is the BT answer 1571 which you can customise the message but cannot change the amount of rings.

(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.

You're absolutely right Dave, turns out its 1571 I have and the number of rings is set at 7.  Have gotten around this now by configuring the fax to manual answer!  Ho hum...

I've the exact same problem Neil995i. Why BT cannot change things their end baffles me. It would be a simple fix and an obvious addition to the 1571 service. Come on BT!
Guru

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I am afraid that it has been like that since 1571 came out, I think BTs answer would be if you want a more tailored service you should have call minder.

(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Contributor

BT Answer 1571 is a FREE basic version of Call Minder 1571, which gives you the options to extend the amount of rings, access messages remotely, etc.

If BT gave you the same features on BT Answer as they do on Call Minder then they would have to start charging for BT Answer or make Call Minder free. Now seen as BT are a business and not a Social Service as some people seem to think you can guess what they are going to do.

Hi, Yes BT 1571 used to be free as did call minder but this is no longer the case.  I set up Anwser 1571 for an elderly relative and it costs £1.75/month.  This on top of caller display, also £1.75/month.  This for an 83 year old pensioner. 

Due to his age, he was not getting to the phone during the 7 ring time period and therefore was not picking up his calls.  This has just caused real problems when his doctor was trying to get in touch with him.  I've had to change him to full Call Minder so that he will be able to extend the ring period to 10 rings (still not a lot).  If this doesn't work he will go back to his old answer machine - where he was able to interupt the recorded message -  and I'll be very pleased  to cancel Call Minder!!!!  BT grabbing every pound!!!  Totally inhuman.

Expert

May I make a couple of suggestions......he can sign up to a Line Rental contract for a year to get free caller display.

What about a single Dect  phone with or without answering machine,  do a google search I have seen a few for under £20, he can then if needed carry it around the house with him, in his pocket.

Many thanks Patty-L.  This was suggested by BT - as you would expect - and we did take up the option so we do have Call Minder for the same 'rental' he was paying for both Answer 1571 and Caller display.  I have given him a BT cordless phone but it doesn't seem to have a number lock.  We could then not get through to him as he'd accidenally switched the phone on whilst it was in his pocket. 

When we tested the phone out yesterday - he was saying that there was no answer even if he picked it up before it went on to call minder - we found that he couldn't hear the phone unless he swtiched on the speaker.  He should, by now, have call minder and tomorrow I'll set the ringer to 'long' and see how we get on. 

Thanks once again for your help.  This is a good forum, glad I signed up [:-)