Beginner
georgeturner

BT Freestyle 750 - answer machine messages have wrong spoken date (day of week)

Hi All,

I have set my handsets to the current day and time but the answer machine quotes the wrong day when speaking the message received details - it always 2 days out ie. later than it should be - when it should quote Wednesday as the day of the message Monday gets spoken out. Any idea why?

How can I correct this?

Thanks. George

Community Manager
StephanieG

Re: BT Freestyle 750 - answer machine messages have wrong spoken date (day of week)

Hi georgeturner,

Are you given the option to change the year? I had a look at the userguide and it mentions changing the "date" without really specifying if you can select the correct year - another customer on the forum had a similar problem and by updating the year it fixed the problem for him.

Let me know how you get on.

Stephanie

BTCare Community Manager

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
jaycee

Re: BT Freestyle 750 - answer machine messages have wrong spoken date (day of week)

Hi,

We had the same problem and found the year was set at 2008 instead of 2010.

Regards,

jaycee

annettedinah

Hello there, can you please please please tell me how you changed the year as it's driving me absolutely crazy!!

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

If you are have caller display on your line, then date and time are set automatically on first incoming call.
There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

annettedinah

Hello there and thank you for your quick response.  The date and time are great and work perfectly fine but the answering machine always tells you the wrong day.  I therefore looked online and somehow the year is set wrong on the phone and so the date set by caller display is conflicting with the year set on the phone and giving me the wrong day all the time, saying it's Wednesday etc. when it's Sunday.  Nowhere can I see (looked in instructions and online) a method of changing the year but clearly from the forums people have done this, I just want to know how!

davieboy

Any resolution on this issue I have the same bother.  I was previously using BT 1571 for messages but now using answer message and unable to change year so as to get correct day of message!

regards

davieboy

Hello there

are u able to advise how to change the year with this phone?

regards

annettedinah

Hello there,  if you go to the no1 handset and press menu you can scroll through the options with the up and down arrows on the side of the phone.  Scroll down to settings and press the menu or tick button on the right.  Then scroll down and go into the time and date settings and again press the menu or tick button on the right.  Then scroll down to the enter date section and you should get the year option.  Make sure it's the current year and it should then work our the correct day.  Hope it works for you, if not let me know.  Regards, Annette

eurotraveller

Thanks for that Annettedinah, at last the phone works as it says on the box-2 years later!

Ray