Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor

BT6500 Finally Gone

So I bought the all singing all dancing BT6500 dual pack for £70 in February and today I have finally sent it back after many months of frustration, when it works it's fantastic blocking all those nuisance calls and meaning you can eat a meal in peace (they always seam to phone around 18:00) but over the past 4 months it's been hopeless, not recognising mobile numbers blocking local numbers and finally ended up causing our line to stop working altogether. Two weeks ago the line went dead and anyone phoning us just got an engaged tone after 6 days BT said it was fixed and yes the phone worked again for just over a week then exactly the same, an engineer has come today and said the phone has caused the problem so it's on it's way back to BT shop for a refund.
This phone is a great idea but BT really need to sort it out and update the software so it actually does what it's supposed to do.
PS Anyone thinking of buying this phone think carefully read all the problems on the forum and base your decision on those !!!

Re: BT6500 Finally Gone

Hi, I suggest you try a call blocker by CPR. Mine works excellent. And half the price of a 6500.
(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.