Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
0 Ratings
Accepted Solution

BT6500 home phone

Can BT please ensure that their own brand phones do not interefere with their Homehubs,everytime the phone rings my BB gets disconnected.

Call me dumb for this if you like but this is the 2nd BT wireless phone I have purchased and it has the same annoying quirk!

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

Re: BT6500 home phone

there are no other reports of this that I have read so are you sure you do not have a line problem (HR fault)  have you tried another phone say corded and then phoned home to see if broadband drops

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Guru
0 Ratings

Like imj, I'd suspect a problem elsewhere. I have two DECT bases, one a BT product, sitting right next to my hub (along with a variety of other electronic stuff) and have no problem at all with wireless broadband at the top of the ADSL2 range.

--
You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Contributor
0 Ratings

Thanks for the quick resposes guys,most appreciated.

Yh,tried a wired phone and the BB worked fine,was my first thought actually,sorry I should have mentioned this in my original post.

Distinguished Guru

As the others have mentioned its prob not a fault on the phone itself it is either an internal wiring fault or a fault on the incoming line.
(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Contributor
0 Ratings

One final thing,Im pretty sure the fault is with the incoming line as a few months back we had an engineer visit to fix a BB issue and he tested the phone from inside the house,makig it ring with no BB disconnection.
IS there any ay for me to check/fix the incoming line fault or is this BT's responsibility?

Distinguished Guru
0 Ratings

If you can plug the homehub direct into the test point of your main socket with an ADSL filter, let the lights settle down to being steady, then ring into your home number. Watch the lights and see if the broadband light turns orange when you answer the call.
(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Contributor
0 Ratings

Sorry for the delay in following your advice

Tessted using the test socket and the BB still disconnected,contacted BT and they are sending out an engineer on Thursday..........i remain hopeful...