vince58190

Call diversion on line fault - who pays?

My neighbour has a line fault,  no incoming and no outgoing.  Their frustration is only just ahead of mine.

Despite repeated calls there seems to be no progress at all. In fact the fault tracking is a bit of a joke,  the latest message shows that the problem should be resolved on 16th July!!!!

I've read that you can set up a free call diversion to a mobile number when your line is faulty -------- do callers incur any additional cost?  If they set up this diversion would my neighbours have any extra costs on their mobile?

Is there anyway of getting some action on the fault,  an intermittent fault developed during the first week of June and turned into a permanent fault beginning of July.

Help         Please  !!

Contributor
caerdydd

Re: Call diversion on line fault - who pays?

They need to contact 151 and validate with the account number for the divert to be set up.

Your neighbours will not incur any additional charges for the divert aspect of the call.

Anybody calling your neighbour will divert to their mobile and neither them or the caller will incur additional charges.

Your neighbours wouldn't recieve charges onto their mobile as they are recieving the call. I suspect if any charge was incurred onto their mobile they would have to be roaming in another country. So if they do go on holiday in this time then cancel the divert.
Guru
Devon_Dave

[ Edited ]

If your line is diverted because of a fault BT will pick up the diverted part of the calls ONLY if your calls are with them, If you use another supplier for the calls, they will bill you

You can set up the divert yourself on the www.bt.com/faults website

(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Beginner
yona

I pay for 24/7 Anytime calls and I also pay for International freedom so because I now have a fault on my line ( no broadband either) and BT are diverting my calls to my mobile (02 PAYG) do I still pay for outgoing calls? and if so  why?  the fault isn't mine...and it costs a small fortune on a mobile even to callers within the UK.

I believe that I can not ask for a rebate (on my bill)  because BT are diverting calls for you but that doesn't help when you have to MAKE calls which would normally be made on my (free) landline. It cost me £££'s to report the fault because you have to go through all the number pressing and on holds before you get to speak to anyone and ask them to call you back.

We ( BT Customers) pay enough charges for a Service that never seems to be working fully or consistantly so why should 'we' pay for more.

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

You will find the answer on this page.

Customer service guarantee

If you have a smartphone, then BT SmartTalk can be used to make calls using your existing call plan.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Beginner
yona

Thank you.....read the Customer Service one....don't have a smartphone though.

The links you gave won't open....needs to be on BT... I am using my neighbours at the moment (*Sky) so 'when' I am up and running again I will have a look. ( * am presuming that that is the reason)

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

The customer service one is the only one you need.

The links on my website are there to assist BT Broadband customers with some common questions regarding connections, networking and hardware problems.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.