hannahj

Calls lasting over one hour - audible alert?

I recollect that BT used to offer a service once whereby an audible alert could be heard as your call approached an hour (and hence incurred charges instead of it being an inclusive free call). I'm advised that no such service operates currently. Why not? I resent paying for a service that affords me free calls only to find that in some cases they are not free at all!

Sage
john46

Re: Calls lasting over one hour - audible alert?

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators  

Personally I just check the clock at regular intervals 

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Sage
imjolly

like john46 I use the call duration timer on my panasonic phone to make sure I don't exceed 1 hr.  I suppose instead of an audible sound BT could just terminate the call forcing you to redial but that is a bit OTT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

hannahj wrote:

I recollect that BT used to offer a service once whereby an audible alert could be heard as your call approached an hour (and hence incurred charges instead of it being an inclusive free call). I'm advised that no such service operates currently. Why not? I resent paying for a service that affords me free calls only to find that in some cases they are not free at all!

I don't remember BT ever having a warning (probably because an hour on the phone would give me either a sore throat or an earache) but if they did then withdrew it they deserve a loud "Boo". Frankly though, resentment is a rather strong response to a situation for which only one person is responsible, and I think you know who that is.
You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.