lori49

Connection

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm trying to get a phoneline in my house but worried its going to cost me an arm and a leg! I've noticed that BT have an offer on at the moment that connection is only 29.99. As I have no wiring or sockets in the house is it going to cost me more than the connection fee? If so, does anyone Know roughly how much extra? I do have a line coming into the house from the telegraph pole but it goes no where from my windowsill!!

Any help appreciated!

Aspiring Expert
Omniscient

Re: Connection

Hi Lori49,

The connection charge quoted is all you will pay,the engineer will arrive and should be able to install the line on the day if he feels he cant complete the work and does not have the skills needed he will contact a survey officer depending on what work needs completing and this will be escalated from there,very rarely if there is extensive work will the customer be requireded to pay for the installation unless it it self inflicted,eg,you have renovated you house or built a house in the middle of a field or on top of a mountain,

Inherent omniscience - the ability to know anything that one chooses to know and can be known
Expert
hamish72

Omniscient      correct silly when reconnecting an existing line can be about £127

or to cross a few fields £50,000 plus :smileysurprised:

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

lori49

Thanks for your help! Can complete my order now!
Aspiring Expert
rosewood

50k plus? They 'only' want £3575 from me for extending the line along the public highway and THEN want me to pay line rental on it - if I'm paying several thousand pounds for a public line I resent either a) being charged extra for it or b) someone else being able to use it FOC and BT collecting line rental from them. :smileysad: Under past management of BT if you did the engineering works to the public highway they did the rest as part of the service, now I have to pay for it and can't even get a competitive quote. This should be illegal.