gwasygog

Cordless Phone with answerphone, and AUDIBLE message alert (Voice, not text/sms)

Dear Forum Readers

I would be grateful if there is anyone out there who knows the answer to this...I gave up trying to ask the same question on the BT Customer Help Section, couldn't find the right place to pose the question...

Which of the BT cordless phones have audible message alerts that beep until message(s) is/are listened to? The handbooks may say there is this facility, but it is not clear in the more up-to-date phones if it gives one beep only and then stops.

WIth this would be nice to have a flashing red dot as well...

The ones I have been looking at are

BT Synergy 6500

BT Synergy 5500

Anything similar would be fine.

The online guide for these says:-

Message alerts

When you have new messages, with the audible message alert switched on, you will hear an audible alert once at the handset. ...

END QUOTE

I need more than one beep to catch my attention....

I have asked in the local shops but they look at me as if I am sadly demented.  I have an aging Studio 1500 which doesn't do this, it just has an envelope which flickers in a vague way - and I am constantly not noticing whether there are any messages for me. 

Many thanks

Gwasygog

Guru
AllanQuatermain

Re: Cordless Phone with answerphone, and AUDIBLE message alert (Voice, not text/sms)

Welcome.

Just replaced a synergy 6500.  The display did flash when there was a message, and it gave the number of messages.

I never needed an audible indication, there may have been one but as I never needed it I wouldnt have activated it.

May I ask, is this because there is a visual impairment issue?

[There are good products for this if the answer is yes].

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

gwasygog

Re: Cordless Phone with answerphone, and AUDIBLE message alert (Voice, not text/sms)

Thanks AlanQuartermain - yes, there is a visual problem, because the place I have the phone (because of lack of space and need to be reasonably close to my PC) I can't see flashing lights as a shelf intrudes.

Any thoughts, or perhaps I should look at other makes which will beep at me !

Would be grateful for any BT suggestions.

Rebecca

Guru
AllanQuatermain

[ Edited ]

The quick no mucking about answer to this is to call the BT shop.

Explain exactly what you want in the spec of the device. Eg, how many numbers stored in contacts, corded. cordless, DECT or not etc etc.

They will come up with a product.  You can then either proceed to the point of sale, or make a note of what they suggest and try to find it cheaper elsewhere [and please note one and all, I'm not saying where :smileywink:].

If you cant beat the BT price, get back onto the BT shop and order. They are very prompt if the item is in stock.  You will find all the manuals etc for everything they sell on bt.com and there is plenty of advice on here.

I started a product search, but there are so many variables, best to do it [directly with the BT shop for starters] yourself.

Hope that helps. BTW, with many devices, you only need one BT socket, extensions can simply plug directly into a power supply elsewhere in your property.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

Aspiring Contributor
rebecca_riots

Thanks  AllanQuatermain...  Have decided to go for a flashing light, not an audible buzz.

possibly one of these...

BT Freestyle 750 Single DECT TAM Phone

BT Synergy 6500 Single DECT Cordless Phone

RR

sambilly

Hello,

i did exactley what you have told this member to do and phoned up the customer services at the BT shop, and asked which of thier phones had and AUDIBLE message alert.  They said they could not tell me .  So I did my own research and came up with two models the Aura 1500 and the 6500.

Both these phones show on the product info online at the BT SHOP, that they do indeed have this facility, BUT i would not have known this by just looking at the phones on the site , I would have had to look at all the product info for all of them and their was only two. 

When I found them in Tesco , ( Currys do not stock these models) i looked on the box did it say it had  the AUDIBLE message alert.  So It is very difficult to find one.  The boxes do not show it and the BT shop couldn't help me. On product info it comes under the heading of SOUND.

Aspiring Contributor
rebecca_riots

Many thanks, I will do a spot of research on Aura 1500 and the 6500.