Beginner
Marktw

Cost to move a Telegraph Pole

I need to re route a BT cable running across my plot. Openreach are asking for £600 just to come and look at it and provide a quote. I have seen posts on Internet where people have been charged much less.

Any suggestions please?

Sage
imjolly

Re: Cost to move a Telegraph Pole

the pole is property of openreach so only they can move it.  if you have seen other figures then why don't you use that information and see if you can get openreach to reduce the cost.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Beginner
Marktw

I have now discovered that the cable can be secured to the walls of the new building for £138.00 with no survey required. The phone numbers for Openreach are deeply buried within the site and very difficult to find. The surveyor who contacted me did not ask any questions to give an assessment of my enquiry and just insisted that I would need a survey for a non refundable cost of £600. Not very helpful.

Guru
Devon_Dave

Hi

If you want to contact openreach to move any external equipment, please follow this link HERE//

(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Sage
Keith_Beddoe

A useful link that one is, I have added it to my customer services menu :smileywink:

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.