Jackie-B

Customer Service Disgusting !!!!!!

Hi,

Where to start? I am absolutely livid at the moment with BT and BT "so called" customer service.

I lost all my services about 4 weeks ago, due to a major outage in Edinburgh, ever since I have had a crackling phone line, an intermittent broadband service (max speed 0.12mb) and no bt vision due to broadband speed and poor line quality.

I used my landline to call the "customer service" department and eventually, after 43mins, got through to the Indian call centre. They had to call me back on my O2 mobile as the line was so poor they could hardly hear me and vice versa.

From there on in it has been a nightmare. Firstly I had to go through all the unplug this, unplug that, reset hub scenario, even though I was on a mobile and I had neither a phone or broadband light on my hub.

So, I asked for an engineer to be sent out, call centre advisor says" I will get and engineer to call you tomorrow between 8.30am and 9.30am to speak about the problem", so I arranged a morning off work and yes, no phone call was received.

Back onto the call centre using the mobile, to be told by a different advisor "engineers do not call customers". Not happy upon hearing this, I asked for an engineer to be sent out. The advisor then tried the old unplug, reset etc script.

After about 25 mins debating the matter, the advisor arranged for an engineer to come out on 13/12/10 between 8am and 1pm, great I thought engineer here on Monday. Booked another day off work.

Then I checked the fault status, and noticed it was not the 13th but the 20th.

Back onto call centre, to be told "Sorry, it was a mistake and nothing I can do" and then hung up!!

I am at the end of my tether with BT, my mother in law is in hospital at the moment with terminal cancer, my husband is tearing his hair out, as he needs to be able to communicate with other family members via Skype etc and this is also costing us money using mobiles every day, despite the fact we have already paid BT in advance for a service we are not receiving.

Is there a number in the UK I can call to resolve this matter.

Thank You

I would also like to add that the line running into my house is over 25 years old and the junction box it is connected to inside the house has GPO stamped on it. How can equipment this old handle modern technology?

We had the same problem last year and the engineer ran 8 inches of wire from the old GPO box into a new shiney BT Openreach box and charged us £150, made no difference. When we refused to pay the £150, we had the option, pay up or we cut you off.  BT are not so quick when the fault is on their side?

Community Manager
SeanD

Re: Customer Service Disgusting !!!!!!

Hi Jackie-B,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  I am so sorry for the hassle you guys have been through especially at this difficult time.  I would like to help sort this out.

Can you please drop me an email to the email address in my profile, please include any order numbers, account numbers that BT may have supplied you and the link to this thread.  Once I have this info I will see what we can do to help.

Cheers

Sean

BTCare Community Manager

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry that we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)
Jackie-B

Well, another day wasted by BT.

I finally got an appointment for an engineer to visit today, between 8 and 1pm and SURPRISE, SURPRISE, not an engineer in sight.

It is bad enough not having a phone or broadband at this time of year, but endless calls to an indian call centre using a mobile, is getting beyond a joke.

It is a constant stream of excuses and lies, "just checking with engineers department, I will call you back in 15 mins" etc. Never get a call back, then I phone back and just get the same "I am very sorry that has happened"

Getting very frustrated now, to top it all my bill was sent on 8th Dec to be paid by 18th Dec (today).

I just had a call via my mobile reference the non-payment (god knows how the billing dept got my mobile), I told the woman on the phone, I will pay my bill once the fault has been resolved.

She had the ordasity to tell me that my service would be restricted or disconected within 7 days if payment was not made.

How on earth can BT restrict a service that has not been working for the past 3 weeks???? Only BT can come up with something like that.

Sent an email to the billing department stating that if this is not resolved I will be boxing up the vision box, hub etc and sending the whole lot back.

Just had a call from the indian call centre regarding the missed visit, they said the engineer said he was unable to vist due to snow, what a joke, there is no snow here, the exchange is 1 mile away and I saw 2 openreach vans today going up my road, each time thinking that was the engineer coming.

BT full of lies, excuses and hiding behind Indian call centre staff.............but pay up or we cut you off.

Had enough, they can have the whole lot back, sent recorded delivery.

MERRY CHRISTMAS BT

elizabeth300

Yes it is true BT customer service is terrible.

One week ago a bt openreach engineer came to a house two doors away to put in a new line. There are not enough cables in the box as I understand it, so he disconnected our line to give to the new customer! We have no phone, no internet, no Bt tv.

We have phoned the BT help centre (in India) using our mobile which is problematic in itself, cost and inconvenience. Every time we speak to a different person and have to go through the same explanation.

We have phoned several times per day for the last week and always get told someone will call us back with an update or (worse still, that our line will be fixed by a set time only to find no sign of BT).

BT DO NOT CALL BACK, DO NOT RESOLVE ISSUES.

My children need the internet at home this week as they have GCSE work which must be handed in; we are self employed and customers can't phone us and we can't phone them.

The insult is that BT are quick to tell us they will charge us a call out fee of £100-odd pounds for a wrongful call out; I feel like sending a bill to BT for our huge inconvenience.

The best comments come from the call centre operators who round off their rehearsed patter by telling us to check our line status on the internet!! would be nice if I could.

I am appalled at the complete lack of service. I shall never recommend BT to anyone again. I would like a phone number of a person who has the authority to actually do something, preferably in my region.

Very Poor.

I t

Contributor
barry505

they cant even fix the fault tracker on this site so dont hold your breath

Guru
Devon_Dave

barry505 wrote:

they cant even fix the fault tracker on this site so dont hold your breath

The fault tracker is run by BT Openreach, I suggest if you are having issues with this you visit their website at  www.openreach.co.uk and complain directly to them,

(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
DavidM

Hi Elizabeth300,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I'm really sorry you're having problems with your service. I can look into this for you. Drop me an email with the account details and a link to this thread for reference. You'll find the address in my profile. Once I have the details we can take it from there.

Cheers

David

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)

Contributor
barry505

Well its taken long enough to find out that little Gem , its on the BT site, this site but run by a branch of the same company so no one here is responsible , that is just so typical of BT.

I have been complaining about it for a whole week to now be told no-one is listening how clever is that

Contributor
mettauk

[ Edited ]

barry505 wrote:

I have been complaining about it for a whole week to now be told no-one is listening how clever is that

A week, only a week, your so lucky!

I wonder if one could counter charge the hours spent waiting on the phone, filling in on line forms etc etc.

Not sure BT even knows what "service" is.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- -
Wondering what went wrong with human communication?
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .
Sage
john46

hi mettauk

you have been offered help and advice on one of your other threads  i would suggest you take up the offer to get your problem resolved there is no point  in posting like this  as thepost is over 6 months old and solved you are honestkly just wasting  your own time 

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’