Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner

Graphite 1100 problems

Hi, newbie here,

Yesterday my BT Graphite 1100 started playing up - no dialling tone, but green in-use light permanently on. 

So I went through all the usual unplugging-and-replugging, resetting, etc and managed to get a dialling tone, but the light was still on.

I tried to register the handset to the base, but when I press the Find button on the base station nothing happens at all.

Any ideas please?

TIA, Johnaldo

Distinguished Guru

Re: Graphite 1100 problems

[ Edited ]

Could be the batteries are on their way out. You can use ordinary ones to test, but don't put the handset in the cradle while non-rechargeables are fitted.

(The green light just shows that the base station is plugged in to the mains.)

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Beginner

Thanks for the quick reply.

• The battery indicator says the batteries are ok, but just to be sure I replaced them with brand new ones, and nothing changed.
  • The manual says that the green light is the "in-use indicator" (ie, the phone is "off the hook").  It has a red light to show power on/charging.
  • My other phone/base station only shows green when you start to dial or take a call.  it shows red whenever plugged in.
  • The "Find" button on the base station has 2 functions - a quck press rings the phone in case you've lost it or want to page the other handset, and a 5-second press puts it into registration mode  -  neither of these functions work.

Johnaldo

Distinguished Guru

Mine shows the green light when the base is plugged in irrespective of what the phone's doing, and the red light when the phone is in the cradle even when it's fully charged. When I first got it, I thought it was a bit misleading but just shrugged my shoulders. Maybe mine isn't working properly resulting in me posting incorrect info; apologies if so.

As the batteries are not at fault, try the free helpline 0808 100 6556.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.