Guru
toekneem

Re: HOW DO I GET BT TO REPAIR A FAULT ON MY PHONE LINE

bizygirl wrote:

..... Should we all as customers of BT instead of accepting these frequent failures of communications which is what Simon James of BT has confirmed is the case or be demanding that BT start to maintain full and thorough records of all of these instances and sent a report to OFCOM and BT should also be encouraging all of their customers to complain to OFCOM.  This then might result in OUTREACH receiveing a multi million pound fine from OFCOM and I am sure OUTREACH would then take their responsibilities to communicate to BT far more seriously.

Bizy Girl

Spot on !!!!!, Openreach should be much more accountable. BT and any other communications provider should be complaining to Openreach on behalf of BT's or any other CP's customers.

If BT do not wish to complain about another part of the same company, then customers should voice their concerns with Ofcom and maybe some hefty fines or decent compensation payable to the end customer might bring Openreach to heel.

toekneem
http://www.no2nuisancecalls.net

(EASBF)

Contributor
bizygirl

Hi Toekneem

Great to have you on side and I should tell you that I am aware that there a large number of BT employees and some of the BT management who are keeping tabs on this post as they realise that an articultate campaign which does not ignore the rights of the individual but addresses the inadequate systems and procedures that OPENREACH are allowed by the BT management to ignore is giving concern.

It would be appropriate for BT management to ensure every complaint and fault was logged fully and when a member of the BT staff did not receive an adequate response from OPENREACH to ensure their employees assisted BT customers to report this to OFCOM.  It is not for BT management to allow OPENREACH to escape their responsibilities.

I have read today that the Government wants all companies to take on the ethos of 'John Lewis' and incase any BT management reading this do not understand this concept it provides for the individual employees opinions, views and experience to form part of the overall running of the company.

Bizy Girl

Contributor
bizygirl

Hi Craig

I hope you have had an opportunitiy to read all of the posts my phone line fault has caused!!  But also realise that Simon James has tried to obtain any information at all from OUTREACH to confirm their actions to repair my phone linek up to the end of his shift at 17.00 29th March and OUTREACH continued to ignored his requests for any updates of what actions they had taken to repair my phone line!!!! Well Lordy Lordy Craig were do BT go from here!!! Because it is obvious that BT frontline staff in the person of Tanya and Simon are deliberately ignored and prevented from accomplishing there targets.

Were BT management are allowing OPENREACH to get away with breach of contract as set down by OFCOM!!!

Bizy Girl

Contributor
bizygirl

Hi Craig

Yes I am up at this time because I cannot sleep stress lies and upset will do that to you.  When you cannot do anything but be an honest customer and you get treated so appalling then it does make you ill!!!  But here we are another day!!! and no phone line!!! I am pleased you have spoken to Simon who will only have confirmed what I have stated on this forum is true!!  Simon and Tanya are doing their job!!! In fact Tanya has been so concerned she came into work on her day off to check my phone line had been repaired and was shocked that OPENREACH had done nothing!!!

Surely when the 'Care Team' can identify that the frontline staff in the calls centres who I am sure are not well paid with great employment conditions have done everything to assist a BT customer and the BT frontline staff have come up against a brick wall in the form of OPENREACH absolute failure to undertake any work whatsoever on a fault then shouldn't the 'Care Team' be bringing this to the attention of the Senior BT Management???

Shouldn't Senior BT Management have a responsibility to support there frontline staff with procedures and systems in place that do not allow OPENREACH to ignore reasonable request for work to be completed or accurate information as to why a repair has not been completed.  Not the lies told to Simon by OPENREACH that there was a power failure at the Exchange.  Because of my husbands job he is notified when any power failures happen in the county, no such power failures happened on either 28th April or the 29th April.  anywhere in the county!!!

Over to you 'Care Team' what are you going to do to assist me and the frontline staff of BT to get my phoneline repaired???

Contributor
bizygirl

Oh yes Craig one more thing I have got to pay my credit card bill over the phone today, how would you suggest I do this?

I have spent over £20.00 on my husband's works mobile phone contacting BT trying to get my phoneline repaired obviously money well spent!!  We cannot afford to keep throwing money away and now if I don't pay my credit card bill today I will get interest charges and late fees added to my credit card bill!!  I think we can both agree this cannot possibily be my fault!!

Suggestions please!! 

Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

I've suffered two lengthy problems with BT and got angry with them both times. But when things got sorted, relief soon overcame the anger and any intention I had of making formal complaints to Ofcom and whoever suddenly seemed less important. And there's the rub. What we see personally and on these forums can be appalling, but it involves a small number amongst millions of happy customers.

I've posted before that we need two major things from BT to improve customer relations. One is identified here - that Openreach must clean up their act, in relation to other providers as well as BT. The other is that the helpdesk should be UK based and run with fully trained staff who understand the business - in short to provide routinely the kind of attention that the moderators here can produce.

Fat chance as long as it's the industry standard. Look at this: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-2084868/Customer-service-TalkTalk-gets-Wooden-Spoon.... I recognise that these stunts are not scientific assessments, but the winner and the presence of another rival do show that the problems are not uniquely BT's. I believe the cause was politicians throwing telecoms to the wolves; the competition we were told would bring customer benefits is simply a competition to confuse the public and provide services at the lowest cost. And it's not limited to telecoms. That's a minority view rubbished by many, but I've not seen a better explanation.

To get back on topic, I think you should put your energy in progressing the moderators' help rather than posting details here, even though the rant is fully justified. That's how I handled my main problem, albeit with a different BT troubleshooter. It wasn't easy (even my mentor was fed nonsense by other parts of the company) but we got there and I've been a happy bunny ever since. You too will feel better when it's sorted. Maybe your anger will persist, and you will be able to contribute to the industry moving towards some tangible improvements. Or maybe you will just decide that the brick wall is too hard for your head.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Contributor
bizygirl

Hi Potty Person

This forum is a very useful tool for a dissatisfied customers to allow other customers to see they are not alone it and should not be a place where customers descend into unpleasant, petty and mean comments.

I have spoken to a number of friends and family who have in the past had problems with BT and none were aware of this forum. So the customers who do use this forum may be a small number but that does not mean or support the view that they are the only BT customers who have had problems with their BT phone service.

I do not see it is my responsibility progress a moderator's help as a BT customer to ensure that I have the phone line service that I am still paying for. Neither do Simon and Tanya working in the BT call centre see it that way either.  Both Simon and Tanya who by the way came in yesterday on her day off to check if my phone line had been restored, see I have been very reasonable and fair and it is BT who are letting me down because they are unable to get OPENREACH to even start to repair the fault on my phone line and they are upst that they have not been able to obtain any reason from OPENREACH for this failure.

I do agree it will be for me to decide where to take this matter and I have already contacted OFCOM to ensure that I have all the necessary advice. 

I have read your comments fully and I do not believe you are justifed in making the comment that my posts are a rant.  Anymore than I would be justifed after reading your comments in stating they are patronising.  So please let us keep this forum positiive.  Let both of hope that anyone and I mean anyone working for BT can arrange for OPENREACH to undertake their contractual obligations for all customers

Bizy Girl

Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

I'm sorry if you took my reference to a rant as being discourteous. It was not meant to be a rebuke, just a one-word way to describe lengthy posts on the subject in multiple threads. I supported the points you were making, but nevertheless think that you would do better for now to concentrate on the real issue of getting your phone fixed. Similarly, I did not say that it was your responsibility to chase the matter up; I just think that's a better way of getting the issue forward.

I was actually backing you, but seem to have antagonised you instead. Others can decide whether that's down to my clumsy prose or your single-mindedness.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Contributor
bizygirl

Hi Potty Person

As stated in my previous post to you this is a forum where it is more appropriate for BT customers to keep their comments regarding any and all posts by other customers positive.

Bizy Girl

Contributor
bizygirl

Please be aware if anyone from BT tells you your case is being escalated this is what it means!!!

I have just been speaking to BT who has given me this update.  BT confirmed that my case has been escalated by BT, but this escalation had been rejected by Outreach??? Even though Outreach admit that to date no engineer has been allocated to deal with the fault on my phone line. I understand that BT have gone back again to Outreach with the escalation of my case again??? but we are now after 13.00 on a Friday what chance is there of me getting my line repaired an time soon!!!!
I was informed by BT that Outreach had confirmed to them that my fault was in a batch of 12 faults issued to an Outreach engineer on the 28th March.  Outreach do not deny this!! but there is no information as to why if the repair to my phone line was not completed on the 28th March what happened next.

So how does escalating a fault on a phone line assist either BT or a BT customer? 
Is there anyone in the BT can explain this to me so it makes sense???  Is there anyone in BT who can get Outreach to deal with the fault on my phone line????

Bizy Girl