Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Beginner
0 Ratings
Accepted Solution

How can I reset my BT 1571 voicemail pin? I have accidently locked myself out.

Hi, I set a pin so that I could remotely access the voicemail on my landline by

1:. Dialing 1571
2:. Pressing * when I hear the greeting
3:. Entering my pin

But I have just tried accessing my voicemail while doing 10 other things and as my mind was not entirely on Tue call, I have entered my pin incorrectly multiple times.

Now I can't access my 1571 voicemail remotely at all. When I try it just tells me that I have entered too many in correct pins and that the call needs to end for security reasons.

Can someone please tell.me how I can reset my 1571 voicemail pin for my landline? I do need to have remote access as I am away from.home a lot.

Will I have to call BT get my pin reset?

Thanks
Jay
Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

Re: How can I reset my BT 1571 voicemail pin? I have accidently locked myself out.

Dial 1571 from your phone.

Select option 2

Select option 2 again, to reset your PIN.

It can only be done from your own landline.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information for BT Broadband connections only. If you get redirected back to this forum, then you are not connected to your home broadband

Beginner
0 Ratings

Re: How can I reset my BT 1571 voicemail pin? I have accidently locked myself out.

Ah thanks @Keith_Beddoe I was hoping that I could call BT to get it reset as I am not at home right now. I suppose I could get my sister to reset it for me and then change it again when I get home.
Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

Its for your own security.

I have never used the service, but its possible that it resets to the default PIN, but you have to change it to something else before you can get remote access again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information for BT Broadband connections only. If you get redirected back to this forum, then you are not connected to your home broadband